Security Installer Community

Readings

Guest anguscanplay

is that a spur OFF a spur ? :fear:

if so it is 'naughty' about 6" of cable involved, so real world just and how many times do you see it done that way?

even the panel situated in the airing cupboard, real nice for cooling it down :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
if so it is 'naughty' about 6" of cable involved, so real world just and how many times do you see it done that way?

even the panel situated in the airing cupboard, real nice for cooling it down :rolleyes:

regs

alan

two different things there - spur off a spur is against regs unless its from the fused side in which case it`s against alarm regs, but you know that you old stirrer

I knew you lot would pick up on that.

I've got one thing to say.............................. I DIDNT INSTALL IT!!!!!

I was only servicing it.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay

I was only servicing it.

omg it gets worse, so when you say you reconected it ................... ?

I was only servicing it.

:lol:

soz bref, could not resist,

we all know you would have 'flagged' it to the powers that 'b' (er! you did - didn't you? :unsure: )

:kissblush:

regs

alan

two different things there - spur off a spur is against regs unless its from the fused side in which case it`s against alarm regs, but you know that you old stirrer

not so much of the 'stirrer' ;)

best i ever come across was done in a flex connection from the landing light, the guy removed the bulb and said to the client it drew too much current to be on at the same time as the alarm.

mind you, credit where credit due - he did tape the light switches up so the power could not be turned off - so was a real pro :P

regs

alan

omg it gets worse, so when you say you reconected it ................... ?

oh behave and be fair Angus, if Bref had not reconnected the earth then the panel would not have been earthed at all

(your getting as bad as me :lol:)

regs

alan

You can spur twice if you can prove the safety of the circuit, if the first spur off a ring main is to a single 13A fused spur there is still enough current capacity in the cable to power another 13A, this is why you can have a double socket (2x13A) on a spur.

If the spur already had a double socket for example you should not spur again as you could load the spur cable to the double socket with 2x13A + 1x13A = TOO MUCH!! and a fire hazzard.

That's why I always advise the spur is fitted by a sparks as it gets a bit confusing and safety is involved.

With a water heater there is mention in the IEE on site guide saying a water heater over 15l should be on it's own circuit....

I can't be arsed to look in the big book to see if there is a regs number for it.

Bones is back on, I'm off. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay
You can spur twice if you can prove the safety of the circuit,

am afraid I would need to see that in writing first old chap

am afraid I would need to see that in writing first old chap

BS7671 and BS7671 on site guide, happy reading! :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived