Security Installer Community

Readings

Guest anguscanplay

is that a spur OFF a spur ? :fear:

it may come on its own circuit from the CU, in which case it would be a radial, which is fine.

but tbh, i never feed off boiler/heating supply, comes from doing council work when the just decide to rip them out and leave your panel dead. also alot of old tank spurs are fed from other switches ect. and you can end up with your supply being switched from other points.

also as you said angus as long as its fused down its fine. but that fails for us, ok if you are a spark feeding a radial of a socket for a conservatory ect as it can just be fused.

Guest anguscanplay
it may come on its own circuit from the CU, in which case it would be a radial, which is fine.

but tbh, i never feed off boiler/heating supply, comes from doing council work when the just decide to rip them out and leave your panel dead. also alot of old tank spurs are fed from other switches ect. and you can end up with your supply being switched from other points.

also as you said angus as long as its fused down its fine. but that fails for us, ok if you are a spark feeding a radial of a socket for a conservatory ect as it can just be fused.

it`s like missing the old immersion heater switch in the kitchen - well it was live when i tested at the panel, thats cause they were wanting a bath you numpty.

lot to be said for coming off the loop in ceiling rose ?

lot to be said for coming off the loop in ceiling rose ?

nothing wrong with that i do it all the time, if they don't understand whats going on in one they shouldn't be messing with electrics.

only[sometimes] problem is bulbs going and tripping the mcb, but thats rare.

nothing wrong with that i do it all the time, if they don't understand whats going on in one they shouldn't be messing with electrics.

Just watch out for GU10's as these pull MCB's every time they fail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay

good sparky wouldnt put the lights ( or the freezer GRR ) on the RCD side - well except they now stuffed that too with the 17th edtn

Not everytime, to my knowledge Osram are still the only lamp that have an internal fuse which wont take out the rest of the lamps and/or the main fuse/MCB

There are several now with internal fuse, I think they had to start installing fuses after so many problems from them, blown dimmers, tripped MCB's etc.

But most will still fit the el'cheapo ones! :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived