Security Installer Community

Cable Tacker

morgan306

9430x300.jpg

by far the best, rapid brand.

i know adi gardiners and risco sell em. risco is the cheaper about

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

see for me i like them for the LBHA jobs [skirting boards here i come] but if i was happy to lift the carpet they would be going under the floor boards. i know chipboard can be a pain but normally a way around it.

agreed and preferred by me to, nip out one by the door and if lucky fish the void with cable access rods but, when the rooms are full of furniture or you lift the carpet to find parquet or close t&g boarded wood floors, even lino tiles :fear: it's not always practical.

i see one of those jobs a few weeks back where the cables were run outside and buried in the mortar :rolleyes: , has to be said the re-pointing was neatly done but don't know if a builder did that.

the client thought the original engineer was mustard and surprised i would not entertain fixing his system, simply would not go for a refit even offered radio, i'd guess due to the supposed upheaval and possibly why it was originally done that way - i simply walked away.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The staple gun is a Rapid 28...totally bomb proof as long as the apprentice doesn't lose the metal clip for the handle :rolleyes:

i always pull that off, or it keeps getting in the way of the lever :rolleyes:

regs

alan

• 1 month later...
thats the one I got - twenty years and still going strong, new spring mind ( and guide bar,angled front edge,handle,cable holder and strength selector)

bit like triggers brush then

wot was it now 5 new handles and 7 new brush heads????

Guest anguscanplay
wot was it now 5 new handles and 7 new brush heads????

lost it Tuesday - emptied the car, tipped the tool bag out, cursed the cat (and the kids) was like chopping my left arm off

found it again on a job from the week before - lucky

lost it Tuesday - emptied the car, tipped the tool bag out, cursed the cat (and the kids) was like chopping my left arm off

found it again on a job from the week before - lucky

yeah angus but it didnt hurt by looosing it did it :hmm:

if your arm was chopped off that would REALLY hurt :yes::lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

• 1 month later...

had the same discussion bout staple guns with a colleague yesterday on a job, he hates them coz someone he used to work with used one n managed to staple thru near enough every cable he installed (moron obviously). as was said earlier use it right n its not a problem imo. on the subject of the clip, i assume you mean the one that holds the handle down when not in use? i havent used that since the day i was rummaging in my toolbox only for the clip to slip off n the handle spring back and crack me across the knuckles! its not pleasant, them suckers have got some kick......

had the same discussion bout staple guns with a colleague yesterday on a job, he hates them coz someone he used to work with used one n managed to staple thru near enough every cable he installed (moron obviously). as was said earlier use it right n its not a problem imo. on the subject of the clip, i assume you mean the one that holds the handle down when not in use? i havent used that since the day i was rummaging in my toolbox only for the clip to slip off n the handle spring back and crack me across the knuckles! its not pleasant, them suckers have got some kick......

that handle clip is the 1st thing to get removed, and way before i even load it with staples.

if you leave it on, it always gets under the handle and especially in an awkward corner :realmad:

regs

alan

Archived