Security Installer Community

Hello & Help With Dvr

theboardwalk

Hi yes if i specify the ip given to the DVR by the router it is straight on, sorry what is a tracert

It traces the route messages take over networks/internet.

Start, run type in cmd and press OK - a black window appears.

Type in tracert aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd (the external IP address) and see if it gets there or gives an error.

It traces the route messages take over networks/internet.

Start, run type in cmd and press OK - a black window appears.

Type in tracert aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd (the external IP address) and see if it gets there or gives an error.

hi yes the tracert works fine and points straight at the modem ip first then list another couple of ips that i dont know assume they are to do with my isp

Hi Theboardwalk,

You are actually pretty close to sorting this out now.

Look on http://portforward.com/routers.htm under belkin and you will find a model number matching one somewhere on the router.

Now that we know we are able to see the router from the net it won't take a lot to set up the port forwarding to allow you to access it from the net.

Please try and find your model of router from that list and then we can give you all the info you need to set it up in a matter of minutes.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

sorry dont know the model it just says Belkin ADSL Modem with wireless G Router and 54G sorry i cant be more specific

When you log in to do the admin it will tell you somewhere - the list pointed to by TheTechGuy will give you a clue, or look for a label on the bottom - most start F5D...

Once you've found out the model then portforward.com tells you how to do it.

Archived