Security Installer Community

scantronic 9448

Guest gsijim

Guest gsijim

Thanks for that Adrian. I have learnt a lot by doing the hard way with the support of you good guys. Although I have no interest in alarm systems apart from my own domestic installation, I find I am stilling logging on and actually find some of the content quite interesting.!!

• 3 years later...
Guest Rulland

Hi, have you got a flush or surface mount contavt on the front door?.

The reason I ask is if its a flush contact(round in roughly a 20-22 mm hole in the frame) I have had it where the magnet part of the contact has come adrift-and when the door opens/closes it causes the adrift/magnet part to rotate and this isnt apparent from just looking at the frame-but becomes apparent as the magnet sometimes operates the contact etc intermittently as it rotates semi freely in the socket.

Regards Richard.

MSI Alarms ltd, Llandudno :hmm::hmm:

Hi, have you got a flush or surface mount contavt on the front door?.

The reason I ask is if its a flush contact(round in roughly a 20-22 mm hole in the frame) I have had it where the magnet part of the contact has come adrift-and when the door opens/closes it causes the adrift/magnet part to rotate and this isnt apparent from just looking at the frame-but becomes apparent as the magnet sometimes operates the contact etc intermittently as it rotates semi freely in the socket.

Regards Richard.

MSI Alarms ltd, Llandudno :hmm::hmm:

Not bad, only 3yrs 3mths after the last post!!!!!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived