Security Installer Community

Moving Pir

keithcun

I have to move a pir in order to install a new kitchen and would like to know:-

1. If the system is in 'un' mode will the tamper switch cause the bell to go off

when I remove the cover.

2. I have the engineer code for the unit and would like to know if I put the alarm

into engineer mode first will this enable me to work on the pir without tripping the bell.

3. Alternatively if the bell goes off will I be able to reset it using the users code

The system is a Gardtec 370 and I have both the installation users instructions

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. If the system is in 'un' mode will the tamper switch cause the bell to go off

when I remove the cover.

2. I have the engineer code for the unit and would like to know if I put the alarm

into engineer mode first will this enable me to work on the pir without tripping the bell.

3. Alternatively if the bell goes off will I be able to reset it using the users code

Yes, yes, yes.

no 1 depends whether or not the tamper circuit is wired up or not. i find it always best to remove the power to the pir or usually no matter how careful you are, you blow a fuse. (at the panel end).

so here goes; be careful of mains electricity it does kill.

read the manual at least twice.

if you do not understand of feel confident then call somebody in who is. :rolleyes:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

when I remove the cover.

1 - yes internal.

2 - Yes. Keep +12v and -12v wires apart by removing the fuse from the panel but beware there is 240v present in the panel itself. Why not get an engineer in to service and fix system????

3 - Yes if you don't blow fuses and all should be ok.

!

Guest anguscanplay
1 - yes internal.

2 - Yes. Keep +12v and -12v wires apart by removing the fuse from the panel but beware there is 240v present in the panel itself. Why not get an engineer in to service and fix system????

3 - Yes if you don't blow fuses and all should be ok.

2 - but dont fall of your steps

Part P ,Hardly think he is going to inform building inspectorate for moving a pir....would you?

sssh don,t even whisper this in jest, people are watching :ninja: new regs are due soon, and they have not even though about what they can change......don't give any clues. :rolleyes:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived