Security Installer Community

Moving Pir

keithcun

Guest anguscanplay
What your inferring is that all ebay stuff is hookey gear,

nope just stuff sold " at less than trade............"

And i will ask you again hand on heart would you get the building inspectorate out, assuming the job is for yourself?(me thinks not).

And as for breaking the law as far as im aware its not,your not making a new circuit or even tapping into the mains ,he's just moving it,so where is part P applicable?

its in a kitchen - its a special location so what it isnt 240vac and yes unlike yourself I wouldnt condon breaking the law

nope just stuff sold " at less than trade............"

its in a kitchen - its a special location so what it isnt 240vac and yes unlike yourself I wouldnt condon breaking the law

Part p is not applicable in this instance,and i was starting to take you serious until you said you would notify the building inspector ha ha ha .That is what your saying isnt it?

Guest anguscanplay
Part p is not applicable in this instance,and i was starting to take you serious until you said you would notify the building inspector ha ha ha .That is what your saying isnt it?

have a look round the site - part p is very much applicable in relation to alarms (england etc) usually its dealt with by the minor works cert. nacoss cert. if the device is certified as SELV but you knew that anyway

the advice to members of the public doing any work in a " special location " is to get a pro in to deal with it or notify building control as per regulations - just like double glazing or building work really , no doubt they had the same " it doesnt really apply ..." problem when they were introduced.

have a look round the site - part p is very much applicable in relation to alarms (england etc) usually its dealt with by the minor works cert. nacoss cert. if the device is certified as SELV but you knew that anyway

the advice to members of the public doing any work in a " special location " is to get a pro in to deal with it or notify building control as per regulations

Interesting. I was thinking (as referred to in another thread) of adding a PIR in my kitchen.

Having had another "good read" of the 46 pages of the online Part P document I can see nothing that exempts that work from its remit.

It never even occurred to me that Part P would apply, but it appears to. Even though it's just going to involve dropping a low-voltage (technically SELV I think) cable through a corner of the ceiling and fixing a PIR onto it!

Does seem quite ridiculous to be honest. :(

Maybe it's easier to add a wireless unit after all, much that I hate the idea.

Interesting. I was thinking (as referred to in another thread) of adding a PIR in my kitchen.

Having had another "good read" of the 46 pages of the online Part P document I can see nothing that exempts that work from its remit.

It never even occurred to me that Part P would apply, but it appears to. Even though it's just going to involve dropping a low-voltage (technically SELV I think) cable through a corner of the ceiling and fixing a PIR onto it!

Does seem quite ridiculous to be honest. :(

Maybe it's easier to add a wireless unit after all, much that I hate the idea.

Where does part p apply (written confirmation specific to this particular thread exactly.)as far as im aware it doesnt ,but i might be wrong.

Guest anguscanplay
Where does part p apply (written confirmation specific to this particular thread exactly.)as far as im aware it doesnt ,but i might be wrong.

your obviously out of your depth - ask in your office on Monday

Guest anguscanplay
Why not tell me please......

Mark - its been done to death so many times in the past , use the search function - I aint into training others

Archived