Security Installer Community

System Design, Fire

tinnitus

Just look at arfur mo he never recovered from being the ovaltine man and now uses his time skewering the inspectorated companies for non compliances

Is this the world we have to look forward to in old age LOL

lol!

but your very wrong here - i'm looking BACK at old age :fear:

seriously though, sometimes you have to combat that feeling that "the grass is greener on the other side of the rusty tin", as even when you stay in your trade and switch firms for better pay, you have to prove yourself all over again to your new peers, where as you might have had automatic respect.

i left Chubbs in London, worked for Combat then re-joined Chubbs at Chelmsford. was 'away' for about a year, but got put through the "how good is he" and retraining on panels, one's i had taught literally dozens of other engineers the ropes on :rolleyes:

so might be for good reasons but it all felt very patronising, and a young arfur was definitely not one to be patronised :D .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

yeah dont tell em - they`ll think ive sold out , gone soft , playing the game etc etc - lol but assuming you guys are well covered insurance wise - jeez I dont sleep well as it is just covering stock neither mind real people.

" Respect to the fire system designers........... "

Angus

just wanted say fully agreed, same for those who design bridges and rail systems

and say my post was not knocking them in any way. i'm just expanding on the whole thing of changing your profession perhaps 'just' for money not to tread on toe's - (honest :unsure: ).

to get job satisfaction i think it needs that inner interest in it, very important to keeping the enjoyment going and the concentration, i'd hate to be locked into well paid job i could not stand doing, but if Khyli Minogue or Britney Spears wanted me as their plaything i might just reconsider - and b willing to forget the enjoyment aspect :whistle:

regs

alan

just wanted say fully agreed, same for those who design bridges and rail systems

and say my post was not knocking them in any way. i'm just expanding on the whole thing of changing your profession perhaps 'just' for money not to tread on toe's - (honest :unsure: ).

to get job satisfaction i think it needs that inner interest in it, very important to keeping the enjoyment going and the concentration, i'd hate to be locked into well paid job i could not stand doing, but if Khyli Minogue or Britney Spears wanted me as their plaything i might just reconsider - and b willing to forget the enjoyment aspect :whistle:

regs

alan

appreciate your input arfur but i didn't actually say i was/wasn't happy or indeed wanted more or less money. i might be dropping money to do something i would like better. i don't mind being the tea boy where i work right now either, if I'm asked. you pay me enough i will make you tea all day and enjoy it.

its a very low percentage of the population that actually enjoys what they do. i cant believe an alarm engineer will enjoy 100 % of his work 100 % of the time, just as the photographer on location in bermuda for kirsty gallacher's calander.......... actualy forget that.

i am probably 60% purley design now and i done the BFPSA courses over the last 3 years along with various other courses etc.

Worked in fire since i left School so a lot was known alreday on the courses but it's a big jump from just finishing a course to starting design as your job.

as with any job it takes alot of time and experience to get it right. If your job at the moment allows you to do design now and again then try it.

A background as an engineer helps loads

appreciate your input arfur but i didn't actually say i was/wasn't happy or indeed wanted more or less money. i might be dropping money to do something i would like better. i don't mind being the tea boy where i work right now either, if I'm asked. you pay me enough i will make you tea all day and enjoy it.

its a very low percentage of the population that actually enjoys what they do. i cant believe an alarm engineer will enjoy 100 % of his work 100 % of the time, just as the photographer on location in bermuda for kirsty gallacher's calander.......... actualy forget that.

lol!

being self employed allowed better scope to investigate other fields of work that bit easier, there is no one to say m.y.o.b. to me (well apart from you lot that is :rolleyes: )

although my preferred work is still intruder alarms, imo the money v effort is just not good enough, simply put the sums don't add up i.e.

Guest anguscanplay
L'oreal: because were worth it B) !

Seriously though 30K is not filmstar cash in 2007. :(

some of us would have to work a whole month to earn that kind of dosh

Archived