Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 G-tag Fobs

Excuse my ignorance but the user booklet indicates that it is a fairly straightforward task to program them yourself?

Can you advise thanks

Theoretically it is a user who is supposed to program the fobs, in practice they normally don

Trade Member

a master user can program in the fobs, all that is needed is go through the user codes option and when asked for the code offer the fob, the unit trils and you set the level required according to the user manual as guidance.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Excuse my ignorance but the user booklet indicates that it is a fairly straightforward task to program them yourself?

Can you advise thanks

the master user can program them, its a little tricky and may give you a bigger problem if something goes wrong. if you have the user guide, the master code and some fobs and a bit of a brain you can do it.

should also mention one tag = one code position used up, need to be careful you don't knockout an existing user.

a tip to help prevent this common mistake is to insert the tags at User 11, so user 11 (= tag 1), User 12 (=tag 2) an so on, that way it's an easier task to remember where they are used and you don'y need to delete the al the codes including the manual one's to ensure a lost tag is removed.

us an indelible pan to mark the tags, that way by simple deduction you can quickly work out which one was lost as you have all the other numbers B) .

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
should also mention one tag = one code position used up, need to be careful you don't knockout an existing user.

a tip to help prevent this common mistake is to insert the tags at User 11, so user 11 (= tag 1), User 12 (=tag 2) an so on, that way it's an easier task to remember where they are used and you don'y need to delete the al the codes including the manual one's to ensure a lost tag is removed.

us an indelible pan to mark the tags, that way by simple deduction you can quickly work out which one was lost as you have all the other numbers B) .

regs

alan

and how many tags per user number will it allow ?

and how many tags per user number will it allow ?

as i said above,

each tag uses one code (user) position, and you can program every position to a tag (15 users G593) including the main master (User 1) but a bit too scary to do that imo as the user gives that tag to a temp key holder by accident it could cause mayhem.

small tip coming - when you offer the tag initially during programming it shows a code 'NNNN' on the keypad as it is validated, you can use that number instead of the tag, so if you keep a record of it and the tag is lost, that code can be used by a key-holder in a temp emergency, but obviously best to delete it asap.

in the newest software revision your allowed to review the user's (but not the codes), so if little johny loses his keys you can change that user and be sure of the right one being deleted by scrolling - something of niggle design oversight which was a hangover from early LED keypads, i've bitched about for ages, has finally been addressed :yes:

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
as i said above,

each tag uses one code (user) position, and you can program every position to a tag (15 users G593) including the main master (User 1) but a bit too scary to do that imo as the user gives that tag to a temp key holder by accident it could cause mayhem.

regs

alan

wasnt the question I asked - you can put more than one fob into each user code position , just cant remember how many ?

Archived