Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 G-tag Fobs

Excuse my ignorance but the user booklet indicates that it is a fairly straightforward task to program them yourself?

Can you advise thanks

Theoretically it is a user who is supposed to program the fobs, in practice they normally don

Trade Member

a master user can program in the fobs, all that is needed is go through the user codes option and when asked for the code offer the fob, the unit trils and you set the level required according to the user manual as guidance.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Excuse my ignorance but the user booklet indicates that it is a fairly straightforward task to program them yourself?

Can you advise thanks

the master user can program them, its a little tricky and may give you a bigger problem if something goes wrong. if you have the user guide, the master code and some fobs and a bit of a brain you can do it.

should also mention one tag = one code position used up, need to be careful you don't knockout an existing user.

a tip to help prevent this common mistake is to insert the tags at User 11, so user 11 (= tag 1), User 12 (=tag 2) an so on, that way it's an easier task to remember where they are used and you don'y need to delete the al the codes including the manual one's to ensure a lost tag is removed.

us an indelible pan to mark the tags, that way by simple deduction you can quickly work out which one was lost as you have all the other numbers B) .

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
should also mention one tag = one code position used up, need to be careful you don't knockout an existing user.

a tip to help prevent this common mistake is to insert the tags at User 11, so user 11 (= tag 1), User 12 (=tag 2) an so on, that way it's an easier task to remember where they are used and you don'y need to delete the al the codes including the manual one's to ensure a lost tag is removed.

us an indelible pan to mark the tags, that way by simple deduction you can quickly work out which one was lost as you have all the other numbers B) .

regs

alan

and how many tags per user number will it allow ?

and how many tags per user number will it allow ?

as i said above,

each tag uses one code (user) position, and you can program every position to a tag (15 users G593) including the main master (User 1) but a bit too scary to do that imo as the user gives that tag to a temp key holder by accident it could cause mayhem.

small tip coming - when you offer the tag initially during programming it shows a code 'NNNN' on the keypad as it is validated, you can use that number instead of the tag, so if you keep a record of it and the tag is lost, that code can be used by a key-holder in a temp emergency, but obviously best to delete it asap.

in the newest software revision your allowed to review the user's (but not the codes), so if little johny loses his keys you can change that user and be sure of the right one being deleted by scrolling - something of niggle design oversight which was a hangover from early LED keypads, i've bitched about for ages, has finally been addressed :yes:

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
as i said above,

each tag uses one code (user) position, and you can program every position to a tag (15 users G593) including the main master (User 1) but a bit too scary to do that imo as the user gives that tag to a temp key holder by accident it could cause mayhem.

regs

alan

wasnt the question I asked - you can put more than one fob into each user code position , just cant remember how many ?

wasnt the question I asked - you can put more than one fob into each user code position , just cant remember how many ?

showing your age Angus :rolleyes:

you used to be able select between standard ie several ace IR remotes at on position, but later keypads since g-tags i think, they removed the that link, so you only have HS (high security) mode now as default

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
showing your age Angus :rolleyes:

you used to be able select between standard ie several ace IR remotes at on position, but later keypads since g-tags i think, they removed the that link, so you only have HS (high security) mode now as default

regs

alan

your showing your lack of knowledge - if i could find the quick start sheet i could tell you , its more than one though

your showing your lack of knowledge - if i could find the quick start sheet i could tell you , its more than one though

i'll bet you a pint at ifsec matey :)

you used to be able to put 14 ir ACE fobs on one code position, say U7 but then not others say on U6. when they expanded the amount of codes available from 7 to 15 the link pins were removed preventing this on G-Tags keypads.

phone their tech dept - mine a cold draught tetley's or even better IPA :yes:

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
i'll bet you a pint at ifsec matey :)

you used to be able to put 14 ir ACE fobs on one code position, say U7 but then not others say on U6. when they expanded the amount of codes available from 7 to 15 the link pins were removed preventing this on G-Tags keypads.

phone their tech dept - mine a cold draught tetley's or even better IPA :yes:

regs

alan

right I`m going - right now , to the car , find the quick start guide - you`ll take my word for it or do you want it scanned in

right I`m going - right now , to the car , find the quick start guide - you`ll take my word for it or do you want it scanned in

of course i will - were up to two pints now :rolleyes:

open a keypad while your there and have a look for the removable jumpers - should keep you amused B)

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay

right sorry big man but reputations are at stake here

quote " contour keypads blah blah 31 KEYFOBS OR G-TAG PROX TAGS blah blah PER INDIVIDUAL USER CODES blah blah"

but wont let me upload the scanned image - its page 4 of the quick start guide

angus

right sorry big man but reputations are at stake here

quote " contour keypads blah blah 31 KEYFOBS OR G-TAG PROX TAGS blah blah PER INDIVIDUAL USER CODES blah blah"

but wont let me upload the scanned image - its page 4 of the quick start guide

angus

i can't get the file off the site it just sticks, so you will have to trust me. if you have a keypd slip the lis offf you will see the solder lands but no pins for HS mode, so 'LS' mode is no longer availabl. as far as i know the g-tags did not support the multiple tags on on user code.

i have a G593 in my home with a GiTag rkp, and i know for sure i can only allocate one tag per user position, so given Gartec's notoriety on their lousy paperwork and lack updating of same i claim victory and so that will be 4 pints :)

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
i can't get the file off the site it just sticks, so you will have to trust me. if you have a keypd slip the lis offf you will see the solder lands but no pins for HS mode, so 'LS' mode is no longer availabl. as far as i know the g-tags did not support the multiple tags on on user code.

i have a G593 in my home with a GiTag rkp, and i know for sure i can only allocate one tag per user position, so given Gartec's notoriety on their lousy paperwork and lack updating of same i claim victory and so that will be 4 pints :)

regs

alan

NO NO NO

593 isnt a 595 - nothing like, its as it says in the manual just admit youve never read it ( I only read it because i forgot to buy a paper that lunchtime ) point I`m making is like we had uptill that point if the customer " lost " a fob you would just programme a new one in ( we all did it ) but according to the manual thats not enough to delete the old one hmm ?

this is going to cost you one heck of a brekky

Angus

NO NO NO

593 isnt a 595 - nothing like, its as it says in the manual just admit youve never read it ( I only read it because i forgot to buy a paper that lunchtime ) point I`m making is like we had uptill that point if the customer " lost " a fob you would just programme a new one in ( we all did it ) but according to the manual thats not enough to delete the old one hmm ?

this is going to cost you one heck of a brekky

Angus

)belch) any more of this and we will be into the brandy laced Ovaltine

the g593 is the cut down single dwelling version of the g595, the keypads are the same and where the memory for the g-tgs ids held (thats why you have to program them into each keypad) they do not have the needed pins. put it this way, those who did not want this mode moved the memory shoting jumper onto the those selector pins which are now missing :)

lets settle for this as i can't download anything from gardtech's site, why don't you phone g-tech tomorrow get it from the horses mouth (so to speak)

truce till then B)

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
)belch) any more of this and we will be into the brandy laced Ovaltine

the g593 is the cut down single dwelling version of the g595, the keypads are the same and where the memory for the g-tgs ids held (thats why you have to program them into each keypad) they do not have the needed pins. put it this way, those who did not want this mode moved the memory shoting jumper onto the those selector pins which are now missing :)

lets settle for this as i can't download anything from gardtech's site, why don't you phone g-tech tomorrow get it from the horses mouth (so to speak)

truce till then B)

regs

alan

I dont need to - I got the manual here on my desk , will try again to upload it , they dont need the selector pins cause they dont let you use the high security mode anymore

bet youve more than once left the pins, that are there, shorted out and lost the tags when the powers gone off - its not thanks to us moaning that they now ship em open

I dont need to - I got the manual here on my desk , will try again to upload it , they dont need the selector pins cause they dont let you use the high security mode anymore

bet youve more than once left the pins, that are there, shorted out and lost the tags when the powers gone off - its not thanks to us moaning that they now ship em open

?

no! no! no! the memory pins come shorted (AS ADVISED IN THE MANUAL FOR POWER UP), you move the memory link after power up or the keypads won't sync the rolling fob codes.

if you initially power up with those links removed on two or more keypads, then enter a tag at rkp1 U11, do the same at another rkp you knock out that tag at rkp 1 - trust me :yes:

with the ace fobs, you have to keep the transmit button pressed until entered in all the keypads, i've got one job with 5 keypads on a fairly vast estate - and thumbs like thighs because of it

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
?

no! no! no! the memory pins come shorted (AS ADVISED IN THE MANUAL FOR POWER UP), you move the memory link after power up or the keypads won't sync the rolling fob codes.

if you initially power up with those links removed on two or more keypads, then enter a tag at rkp1 U11, do the same at another rkp you knock out that tag at rkp 1 - trust me :yes:

with the ace fobs, you have to keep the transmit button pressed until entered in all the keypads, i've got one job with 5 keypads on a fairly vast estate - and thumbs like thighs because of it

regs

alan

forget the ace stuff ( thats were your getting confused ) G-TAG keypads come with jumper labeled NVM31 open - they advise shorting them on power up to delete the existing tags ( because there might be one already in there and it will still be there after you put yours in - see ) - now in the last 2 days I have powered up 2 sites both with 2 keypads both with the pins open and both of them accepted all the tags in each keypad with no problemo ( not saying you didnt loose a tag at rkp1 U11 but it was nowt to do with powering up ) each tag works all 4 keypad ( and each tag entered the same number into each pad )

go get one and set it up :yes:

if it made a difference i would post a piccy of the next one out the box but I fitted tham all - lol

forget the ace stuff ( thats were your getting confused ) G-TAG keypads come with jumper labeled NVM31 open - they advise shorting them on power up to delete the existing tags ( because there might be one already in there and it will still be there after you put yours in - see ) - now in the last 2 days I have powered up 2 sites both with 2 keypads both with the pins open and both of them accepted all the tags in each keypad with no problemo ( not saying you didnt loose a tag at rkp1 U11 but it was nowt to do with powering up ) each tag works all 4 keypad ( and each tag entered the same number into each pad )

go get one and set it up :yes:

if it made a difference i would post a piccy of the next one out the box but I fitted tham all - lol

just emailed tech support for answer, so if they respond i will post it :)

may be software changes have made a difference, i don't always supply fobs or have multipe keypads, but i do know from manny hours of frustration to bridge that memory link on power up then remove it.

i'll tru to be clear with this one, if you have several keypads and a colleague who can run round with the tags, you get into the user code section at rkp1 enter your tag/s, he go's rkp2 but you stay at rkp1 go into codes, enter the user position then at your signal he offers the tag at the distant rkp - so you don't need to be at the keypad concerned to get programming into user codes mode.

that save's all the annoying 'in and outing' of the master code features at each keypad which saves time.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
just emailed tech support for answer, so if they respond i will post it :)

may be software changes have made a difference, i don't always supply fobs or have multipe keypads, but i do know from manny hours of frustration to bridge that memory link on power up then remove it.

i'll tru to be clear with this one, if you have several keypads and a colleague who can run round with the tags, you get into the user code section at rkp1 enter your tag/s, he go's rkp2 but you stay at rkp1 go into codes, enter the user position then at your signal he offers the tag at the distant rkp - so you don't need to be at the keypad concerned to get programming into user codes mode.

that save's all the annoying 'in and outing' of the master code features at each keypad which saves time.

regs

alan

never have I heard such drivel

if your in menu`s at kp1 all you see at kp2 is " system in use please wait " - ah it guesses your ready to input a tag does it

Archived