Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 G-tag Fobs

just emailed tech support for answer, so if they respond i will post it :)

may be software changes have made a difference, i don't always supply fobs or have multipe keypads, but i do know from manny hours of frustration to bridge that memory link on power up then remove it.

i'll tru to be clear with this one, if you have several keypads and a colleague who can run round with the tags, you get into the user code section at rkp1 enter your tag/s, he go's rkp2 but you stay at rkp1 go into codes, enter the user position then at your signal he offers the tag at the distant rkp - so you don't need to be at the keypad concerned to get programming into user codes mode.

that save's all the annoying 'in and outing' of the master code features at each keypad which saves time.

regs

alan

that bunch of idiots will tell you whatever you want to hear, the other day i had to get some new leads and software to unlock a panel, it would not connect to the panel. they got me to do some very odd[seemed pointless readings] and told me the power circuit on the panel was faulty and it was not powering the digicom port.

this was after the third trip to risco counter due to being given the wrong leads.

they say the panel [800] would need to be swapped out, i wasn't happy with their diagnosis. so i spent that night messing around with the lappy, the leads and an 800 at home, it did the same.

yet again a faulty lead, managed to find the dodgy link in the lead and got it linked up with the panel.

went back the nextday and unlocked the customers panel first time.

So in short they would of had us rip the customer off due to their lack of knowledge, subsequently that number was deleted from the mobile.

Guest Dave the alarm man
never have I heard such drivel

stick around :whistle:

so i spent that night messing around with the lappy, the leads and an 800 at home, it did the same.

yet again a faulty lead......................So in short they would of had us rip the customer off due to their lack of knowledge

just shocking.....................a working copy or remote fluck me

never have I heard such drivel

if your in menu`s at kp1 all you see at kp2 is " system in use please wait " - ah it guesses your ready to input a tag does it

no drivel,

you simply signal you assistant to present the tag/s

this also worked on the ACE receivers too, do you remember the ace remote? 3 little lights 3 little buttons, thats why the feature was there as you culd not initiat it otherwise - it not having the ability to give a display or have full numeric keypad ;) .

another smarty tip, you could use the 123 to set/part-et/unsetkeys if you set a code with those 3 digit's like 2132 :P

and i thought you were a Gardtec engineer? :rolleyes:

lol!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
no drivel,

you simply signal you assistant to present the tag/s

this also worked on the ACE receivers too, do you remember the ace remote? 3 little lights 3 little buttons, thats why the feature was there as you culd not initiat it otherwise - it not having the ability to give a display or have full numeric keypad ;) .

another smarty tip, you could use the 123 to set/part-et/unsetkeys if you set a code with those 3 digit's like 2132 :P

and i thought you were a Gardtec engineer? :rolleyes:

lol!

regs

alan

I`ll give you the ace setting for sure , but get with the kids - ace for goodness sake

I`ll give you the ace setting for sure , but get with the kids - ace for goodness sake

this is good stuff. i didnt realise any of this about pins on the rkp's. i have just been adding fobs to all fitted rkp's but i was sure i didnt do it on the first few installs. i posted this before on here. Angus, if possible can you paraphrase what you are saying from powering up to adding fobs? dont worry if you cant be a***d.

Guest anguscanplay
this is good stuff. i didnt realise any of this about pins on the rkp's. i have just been adding fobs to all fitted rkp's but i was sure i didnt do it on the first few installs. i posted this before on here. Angus, if possible can you paraphrase what you are saying from powering up to adding fobs? dont worry if you cant be a***d.

1 fit keypad

2 fit link on NVM 23 ( in the kp above the terminals)

3 power up and hit the reboot sequence

4 REMOVE LINK IN K/P

5 programme as normal

6 set type for all tags as a minumum to " main" - allows access to logs etc

7 drink tea and tidy up

thats all there is to it really - but forget to remove the link and one day you`ll be faced with getting them all back , and as it takes more than one fob in each user position if they loose one dont just proggrame a new one in that slot - zero it first

1 fit keypad

2 fit link on NVM 23 ( in the kp above the terminals)

3 power up and hit the reboot sequence

4 REMOVE LINK IN K/P

5 programme as normal

6 set type for all tags as a minumum to " main" - allows access to logs etc

7 drink tea and tidy up

thats all there is to it really - but forget to remove the link and one day you`ll be faced with getting them all back , and as it takes more than one fob in each user position if they loose one dont just proggrame a new one in that slot - zero it first

and thats bang on the mark (law of averages on Now on Angus's side :whistle: ),

you will have then synced up the keypads, you only come to grief in my experience if you power up initially with the memory 'protect links' removed (top right on pcb) on one or more keypads obviously if two or ore are installed.

tbh i don't fit to many of the G59x range these days, as the 490 fits most alarm instals for my needs, so i might not have noticed the software may have been slightly patched/updated. tags obviously don't have rolling codes like the ace remote fobs so this 'restriction' could have been lifted, so we both cold be right depending on the panels software version.

i only ever instal 1 tag to 1 code, so when a tag is lost the user position is deleted and it wipes it (and if Angus is right on multiple fobs) and any other tag at that user position.

early days of g-tags i'm darn sure if you don't follow the above procedure (don't have a g595 to hand to test current software) and you enter the same tag at each keypad, into the same user number the 1st keypad entered at will 'loose' that tag. only the last keypads (or keypads synced with it) entered will retain it. if you then offer that tag back at the 1st unsynchronized keypad programmed with it, it trills (as opposed to a burp for invalid tag) but the alarm will not start any operational procedure's.

imo if it is available to add several tags to one user position, it risks possible inconvenience problems as then your client will need to call in all the affected tags for reprogramming delete one of them, not always that convenient at short notice as i found out with the older ACE fobs.

as with any problem you take steps to avoid any chance of a repeat, so having been caught out in the past costing lots of frustration, i use strict start up procedure's to avoid any chance of these type of issue, and i'd strongly advise other installers to adopt the same.

Regs

Alan

Right Angus,

time to air you wallet - hope it's well loaded with ammo :)

i spoke to g-tech recognized him as on of the senior time one's, he confirmed exactely what i said i.e. only ONE G-tag PER user position on the G595 panel - so a resounding '1 up' to me.

he also said with G-tag rkp's there is now no need to 'sync' them, as the fixed code is now embedded in the tag where as the ace was a rolling code (but you should clear them on initial install to be safe).

so given you a 1/4 point, as you did not know why we had to for the earlier ACE

but the clincher is the programming of fobs into multiple keypads from one keypad - yup it works :)

final score -:

Angus 1/4 a point (technically - thats just me being a magnanimous royal person)

Arfur 1.3/4 points (technically - thats just me beating you to a sticky pulp again :) :) )

so, make that 2 brandy laced Ovaltines and a full English breakfast please :toot:

come on Angus suck up to me and capitulate lol!

Regs

Alan

Guest anguscanplay
hi Angus,

with respects, that page don't suggest more than one tag per user code can be used

regs

alan

what the bit where it says quote " 31 keyfobs or tag ........" either put up some proof like I did or admit you never read the manuals - lol

what the bit where it says quote " 31 keyfobs or tag ........" either put up some proof like I did or admit you never read the manuals - lol

i'll try again, you have 31 code position + engineer so you can have 31 g-tags (the fobs are basically history).

but that limit of 31 user codes total will not allow as you claimed several tags at each user code i.e 3 @ 11 + 4 tags @ 12 + 6 tags 13 and so on

it is only ONE TAG PER USER POSITION

Angus, when you a snared in my barbed wire, best you stop wiggling - just anti up with that full english :yes:

:lol:

regs

alan

so your now saying its a typo ? you write it for them ? unless the nvm is labelled 31 ? that would explain it hmm

no, not such a typo but a mis read cused by a missing punctuation after NVM, so not as clear as it could be, but when ever was Gardtecs lit informative (or accurate)?

i look at it this way, if it was easy anyone could fit Gardtec and we would both be amateur's consigned to screwfi.com forums :cold2: but this way i like you can bbe a know it all pia about something at least

so as it stands, you can spoil all my my well laid diet plans at the next IFSEC

:)

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
no, not a typo but a mis read, not as clear as it should be but when ever was Gartecs lit informative or accurate

look at it this way, if it was anyone could fit Gardtec and we would both be amature's consigned to screwfi.com forums :cold2:

as it is you can spoil my my well laid diet plans at the next IFSEC

:)

regs

alan

nope I`m a man of my word ( one of the few left ) so if you want to meet halfway the brekky is on offer - hey make it near Brum and we could go look up "old friends" together - lol

nope I`m a man of my word ( one of the few left ) so if you want to meet halfway the brekky is on offer - hey make it near Brum and we could go look up "old friends" together - lol

i think there a 'contracts' out for me around there :cold2: (actually its everywhere :sofa1: )

:P

regs

alan

Archived