Security Installer Community

Why Women Aren't Alarm Engineers

ScorpioInstallations

Went out for a drink with the brother in law and his missus the other day, got to talking about the house they've just bought and the brother in law asked if I could fit an alarm for them,

Naturally I said nee bother I'll do it for cost, so I asked if they had anything in mind good alarm/budget alarm, garage on or not, RKP upstairs and so on, anyway at this point brother in laws missus asked if she could have "Pastel coloured detectors" at which point I smiled 'sympathetically and said they really only come in white! so she then asked "Can the buttons make different ringtunes" as she didn't like the one in the last house, my then 'sympathetic' smile turned into a 'hard to hold back' grin and the brother in law just shook his head in disbelief.

The coversation went on and a drink or two later she nudged me and said "can I have 'PINK' flashy lights in the sensors" - the only response I could give was :D:lol::lol:

Can you imagine the alarm systems if she was an installer:- :wub: The alarm would wake you up on a morning with a happy tune and use timers and relays to open your make up draw and heat up your straighteners banghead

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

you have my sympathy,

for a lady client recently, i had to fit a simple radio remote to operate a powered front door, then i was asked about intercoms. so as you do i went through the various options only to get told they wanted to spend the least money.

ok, i say i'll get a radio linked door bell and fit it with the other job for

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

you have my sympathy,

for a lady client recently, i had to fit a simple radio remote to operate a powered front door, then i was asked about intercoms. so as you do i went through the various options only to get told they wanted to spend the least money.

ok, i say i'll get a radio linked door bell and fit it with the other job for

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Once had a customer replace a full 4 handset voice entry system because they didn't like the fact the handsets made the same noise as the phones! then twisted because the handsets buzzed instead of rang.

Can't live with them, Can't live without them :ranting:

it is ammusing to be asked "can you chnge the ring tone" on the door entry handsets - bless

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

it is ammusing to be asked "can you chnge the ring tone" on the door entry handsets - bless

regs

alan

A good salesman would have said "you can have anything you want if you are prepared to pay the price"

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

regs

alan

I recently had to do just that. Gira handsets have 5 different rings, and each handset can have a different ring if you like.

Im standing there running through the ringtones, "hows this one", "no", "this one".................................Grrrrrrrr.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

it may seem like a gimmic but i am surprized no body is proucing coloured pirs, at a price of course

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived