Security Installer Community

Initial Maintained Alarm We Want A Gsm Dialler?

Hi,

We have an alarm panel in our unit which isn't that new, but works fine and is maintained by Initial. I want to add a GSM dialler so when the alarm activates it calls my mobile and\or house phone over a GSM network (no wires can be cut etc).

I asked Initial and they said they only do a land-lane dialler. Is there any 3rd party GSM diallers we can buy and get a 3rd party company to fit it to our exisiting alarm? Initial says we can fit a land-line dialler? Is it the same connection?

As you can tell I don't know a great deal on this subject so any help would be great! :)

Thanks

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

We have an alarm panel in our unit which isn't that new, but works fine and is maintained by Initial. I want to add a GSM dialler so when the alarm activates it calls my mobile and\or house phone over a GSM network (no wires can be cut etc).

I asked Initial and they said they only do a land-lane dialler. Is there any 3rd party GSM diallers we can buy and get a 3rd party company to fit it to our exisiting alarm? Initial says we can fit a land-line dialler? Is it the same connection?

As you can tell I don't know a great deal on this subject so any help would be great! :)

Thanks

easy answer is NO , not without the 3rd party taking over the service agreement

IF the system is under contract to be maintained with Initial then you cant make changes to it without there agreement. As they have told you they only offer a landline dialer, so unless you get them to fit one you are stuck.

Do you own the system? How long to run on the contract?

Hi,

Thanks

hi,

Do you own the equipment? and i take it it is bells only?

do you have a land line?

we are SSAIB ISO approved and based local to you in oldham, if you want any more info PM me.

easy answer is NO , not without the 3rd party taking over the service agreement

What is the problem, just ask Initial if they will allow a 3rd party to fit a GSM Dialer of your chose adj to the control equipment with the connections needed to operate the device in a 'joint box' alongside (marked up of course) they then can do the connecting.

The Galaxy you mention is very flexible so the connection between the two is simple. All is needed is a little thought / understanding between the three of you to get it sorted.

Why the 3rd party company would need to take over the maintenance contract is beyond me.

We (alarm companies) do things the other way around all the time, fire alarms installed by 3rd parties are regularly connected to intruder alarm signaling devices using a version of the method I have mentioned above, the fire alarm company does not take over the maintenance of the alarm system!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

what you need to comprehend is even i as a non inspected company could fit that unit with no problems.

the problem you 'MIGHT' have is should your system malfunction worst case scenario perhaps miss an intrusion. Initial would be within their rights to claim tampering/interference by an "unknown unauthorised outside source". your insurance co. would also likeley be very under unimpressed too.

ongoing liability is the main issue. not the practicalities so best you change service provider to get what you want in a 'free' market.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

What is the problem, just ask Initial if they will allow a 3rd party to fit a GSM Dialer of your chose adj to the control equipment with the connections needed to operate the device in a 'joint box' alongside (marked up of course) they then can do the connecting.

The Galaxy you mention is very flexible so the connection between the two is simple. All is needed is a little thought / understanding between the three of you to get it sorted.

Why the 3rd party company would need to take over the maintenance contract is beyond me.

We (alarm companies) do things the other way around all the time, fire alarms installed by 3rd parties are regularly connected to intruder alarm signaling devices using a version of the method I have mentioned above, the fire alarm company does not take over the maintenance of the alarm system!

The reason i suggested he contacted us, or anyone else local to him is, for a bells only maintanence said company and most nationals are SKY HIGH in price and he could get much better value.

Archived