Security Installer Community

Initial Maintained Alarm We Want A Gsm Dialler?

Guest anguscanplay
What is the problem, just ask Initial if they will allow a 3rd party to fit a GSM Dialer of your chose adj to the control equipment with the connections needed to operate the device in a 'joint box' alongside (marked up of course) they then can do the connecting.

The Galaxy you mention is very flexible so the connection between the two is simple. All is needed is a little thought / understanding between the three of you to get it sorted.

Why the 3rd party company would need to take over the maintenance contract is beyond me.

We (alarm companies) do things the other way around all the time, fire alarms installed by 3rd parties are regularly connected to intruder alarm signaling devices using a version of the method I have mentioned above, the fire alarm company does not take over the maintenance of the alarm system!

magpye - you really are unsure how the alarm industry works re certification and grading , resets and fault managment hmm ? for example - who is Mr Dance going to call when he cant set the system due to a line fault ?

Put it simply my efficacy insurance doesnt allow 3rd parties access to my contracted control and signalling equipment

Mr Dance - ask Initial for a quote for a redcare gsm, its pricey but its better than a dialler

IF the system is under contract to be maintained with Initial then you cant make changes to it without there agreement. As they have told you they only offer a landline dialer, so unless you get them to fit one you are stuck.

Do you own the system? How long to run on the contract?

3 rd party monitoring anyone???????? :whistle:

Archived