Security Installer Community

Programming Verits 8

martins

Latest, Tamper light is off

Regardless of choice, full or part guard means all PIA 's are active,

I want to get our old part Guard back, and code, that omits some zones, the cats at night!

How do I do that, now I know my engineers code,

If I follow the change code instructions, will that just give me a new code to use, the engineers code will remain in the system?

Help appreciated

Latest, Tamper light is off

Regardless of choice, full or part guard means all PIA 's are active,

I want to get our old part Guard back, and code, that omits some zones, the cats at night!

How do I do that, now I know my engineers code,

If I follow the change code instructions, will that just give me a new code to use, the engineers code will remain in the system?

Help appreciated

seeing as some one has led you down this road use the engineer manual/ask them.

this side of the info is our bread and butter, and we know how and what to program things and only make our selves liable by telling you.

if you want to be a DIY'er you need to embrace this fully and DO IT YOURSELF

Best Regards and good luck.

seeing as some one has led you down this road use the engineer manual/ask them.

this side of the info is our bread and butter, and we know how and what to program things and only make our selves liable by telling you.

if you want to be a DIY'er you need to embrace this fully and DO IT YOURSELF

Best Regards and good luck.

just want to programme a part guide, reading the manual looks like option 51, anyone out there will to help?

just want to programme a part guide, reading the manual looks like option 51, anyone out there will to help?

So, are you saying that you do have the engineering/installation manual?

If so, read it carefully and see if you can figure out what to do.

Then post a "summary" of what you think will do it here and hopefully someone who knows the panel well will confirm or guide you in the right direction.

Probably best to not go into too much precise detail (e.g. quote choices rather than all the detailed step-by-step menu numbers) and DEFINITELY don't quote any security codes as the rules about availability of engineering manuals have been interpreted in somewhat different ways before now. :cry:

Part set 1= option 51, lights on=zone armed, press prog to accept.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay

is the tamper light off because youve defaulted all the zone types to " not used " ? might be the system never works properly again.And whats a PIA ?

Angus

is the tamper light off because youve defaulted all the zone types to " not used " ? might be the system never works properly again.And whats a PIA ?

Angus

He I might be a newbie, but with the right codes, or an engineer the baby will fly again, seems some people like to keep things in the dark, it is my house, and my alarm, why all the secret squirrel and scare mongering, are some people frightend here, keep the customer in the dark?

For the record,

It has defaulted to 2 programmes, full and a part (part zone, certain zones excluded determined by the instaling engineer, have the original insructions)

You can omit certain zones from the full programe, be nice to get it more personalised, I wonder if my code is a master code and not an engineers code?

System is about 7 years old,

"O.K To abide by site rules, etc,"

your own words from your first Topic.

It now seems that you are expecting us to get into the realms of telling you how to prog. your system, step by step, you've got the book, don't forget, we also have to abide by the site rules.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

"O.K To abide by site rules, etc,"

your own words from your first Topic.

It now seems that you are expecting us to get into the realms of telling you how to prog. your system, step by step, you've got the book, don't forget, we also have to abide by the site rules.

Texecom have been most helpfull, a big thank you to them, not so hard once you know the sequence, seems they appreciate is my alarm, also a big thank you to everyone that sent me help via Pm's, a big thank you again, but some of you still belive it's best to operate in the dark ages, scared of letting the customer have any knowledge?

some of you still belive it's best to operate in the dark ages, scared of letting the customer have any knowledge?

That's grossly unfair.

Lot's of people have tried to help you, within the rules.

The rules here are in may respects due to the demands of the manufacturers who I believe have threatened legal action in the past. If they choose to help you directly, but not allow people here to do so, it's them you should criticise! :realmad:

Archived