Security Installer Community

Programming Verits 8

martins

That's grossly unfair.

Lot's of people have tried to help you, within the rules.

The rules here are in may respects due to the demands of the manufacturers who I believe have threatened legal action in the past. If they choose to help you directly, but not allow people here to do so, it's them you should criticise! :realmad:

QFA, the rules are in place to stop the risks to members of the public, any one can read the public forums maybe even a criminal, how would you feel if you were broken into and your alarm stopped by an intruder through advice he found on here, im sure you would be singing a different tune,

The site rules are the site rules which you agreed to when you signed up

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Texecom have been most helpfull, a big thank you to them, not so hard once you know the sequence, seems they appreciate is my alarm, also a big thank you to everyone that sent me help via Pm's, a big thank you again, but some of you still belive it's best to operate in the dark ages, scared of letting the customer have any knowledge?

I assume you have also berated the IT manager at work for not giving you full admin rights to your Networked PC?

Thought not.

Certain functions and procedures are there for a reason. As people have already pointed out, we can't breach them.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest anguscanplay
Texecom have been most helpfull, a big thank you to them, not so hard once you know the sequence, seems they appreciate is my alarm, also a big thank you to everyone that sent me help via Pm's, a big thank you again, but some of you still belive it's best to operate in the dark ages, scared of letting the customer have any knowledge?

whoa there cowboy , by your own admission you have knackered up the programming to your system once the chances are you wont get another section right either - thats why the instructions say only progged by " competant person " , if someone helped you privatly all well and good but its now their neck on the block if something failed to work not ours.

the only way a pro can help is in person

now what is a PIA - some new device your beta testing ?

Please remember that you are not a customer of any of the engineers on this forum, none of them are obligated in any way to help you, all of the advice you have been given is within the rules of the forum. If as you say Texecom the manufacturer are happy to support you, then with their assistance you are no better placed to rectify your alarm problem other than the limitations of your own level of skill.

If you are unable to rectify your problems with the assistance of Texecom, then perhaps now is the time to seek the services of a prfessional intruder alarm engineer.

Archived