Security Installer Community

Pir Wiring - Texecom

sennajc

Thanks a lot!

There is an Aux Tamper terminal that I will use.

I will stay away from EOL.

Appreciated!

All I would add is that in my own personal opinion, had I known about EOL and had I bought a panel that supported it, I would have done it on my alarm. If you can, do it right first time. ;)

Yes indeed it is that simple. The tamper is one huge loop up and down every cable.

And in case you wondered how to join all the tamper wires inside the control unit - use a "choc-bloc" terminal strip.

Have a search round, there's quite a few posts on why EOL is better if you can do it. If I recall correctly the main reasons are:

1. You know which circuit has been tampered, so finding it is a lot easier.

2. The monitoring is much more specific.

One other thing...

Is a 'choc bloc' a particular type of terminal block or just a standard.

Thanks.

One other thing...

Is a 'choc bloc' a particular type of terminal block or just a standard.

Thanks.

I just meant the normal strip of cable connectors that you buy; it just looks like a thick bar of chocolate (if brown).

I just saw a quote on a web site that said:

"They are sometimes called 'chocolate blocks' because of the way they can be easily cut to size."

post-1411-1186846503.jpg

I just meant the normal strip of cable connectors that you buy; it just looks like a thick bar of chocolate (if brown).

I just saw a quote on a web site that said:

"They are sometimes called 'chocolate blocks' because of the way they can be easily cut to size."

Excellent...thanks.

With a global tamper you would just terminate the 2 tamper cores on a spare/unused terminal in the device to make the circuit. There's usually some provided.

no you don't, you terminate them in the tamper terminals or you will only tamper the cable and not the device.

but you have some good pirs so defo go end of line, very easy with those pirs.

no you don't, you terminate them in the tamper terminals or you will only tamper the cable and not the device.

Ooops, sorry, you're right; attack of brain fade, though I was just thinking he was doing a temporary setup.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Only applies to simple untampered door contacts and the like.

And yes I have done my own PIR's correctly.....

If you're only installing it in a domestic environment i wouldn't bother with EOL.There usually only used for high risk applications,and the reason there used is so you cannot bridge the circuit wiring out, like you can on a conventional system.In other words its harder to compromise the integrity of the system.

If you're only installing it in a domestic environment i wouldn't bother with EOL.There usually only used for high risk applications,and the reason there used is so you cannot bridge the circuit wiring out, like you can on a conventional system.In other words its harder to compromise the integrity of the system.

no, they are used alot nowadays. not the best place to talk about linking sensors out, but just so you know you can do it with eol aswell.

i think some members need to be careful what they say in front of public, as wrong information is no good to anybody.

Very encouraging...Ok, I'll do the tamper...I have just noticed that on my PIRs (texecom) they have headers where I can select resistance values - across tamper and alarm. I can certainly set these easily. Is that all I need to do?thansk again...
use the eol method. you detectors make it soooo easy. you only use 4 cores 2 for power and 2 for alarm/tamper. one cable in the 1st alarm terminal and the other in the last tamper terminal. just make sure you use the corruct jumper settings in the detector. it the easiest way to do it.
wrong

Guest anguscanplay

not strictly true it depends on which grade you want the system to be , by default a diy system can only ever be grade 1 and as such double poll wiring is okay , its only grade 2 ( medium to large domestic / small commertial sites , little risk of previous knowledge ) to grade 4 ( high risk , sophisticated methods ) that need EOL. however any grade with EOL other than grade4 can be bypassed with prior knowledge. The main reason for using EOL in this case would be ease of installation - the sensors have built in resistors and to prevent accidental shorts preventing the system from failing to activate

Angus ( damm they all beat me too it lol )

Archived