Security Installer Community

Pir Wiring - Texecom

sennajc

Hi there,

I am in the process of installing a Texecom Premier 24 and using texecom PIRs. Have read lots about end-of-line resistors etc. but not sure of the benefits. I am planning to use 6 cores (have run 8 core cable) and wire direct back to terminal...is there a problem with that?

Any support appreciated...

No problem at all as long as you know how to series up the tampers at the control panel.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

No problem at all as long as you know how to series up the tampers at the control panel.

Can't say I do...unfortunately!

Having looked further, I am thinking of using only 4 wires for now (want to get up&running) power & alarm. I can come back and 'upgrade' in a few weeks! How bad is that?

It'll work, from a pro point of view it ain't right, but It'll work.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

It'll work, from a pro point of view it ain't right, but It'll work.

Thanks...for now that's what I need...I have longer term plans to upgrade a number of areas - add dialler, add garage etc...

I will study-up on tamper & resistors before then! Any recommended reading or websites for this?

Thanks again...

Guest anguscanplay

if your doing it 4wire its as easy as doing it 6wire - do it right from the start , just make a big loop ( like joining daisies ) from one tamper terminal through all the devices to the second tamper terminal in the c/u

Angus ( it really is as simple as that )

if your doing it 4wire its as easy as doing it 6wire - do it right from the start , just make a big loop ( like joining daisies ) from one tamper terminal through all the devices to the second tamper terminal in the c/u

Angus ( it really is as simple as that )

Yes indeed it is that simple. The tamper is one huge loop up and down every cable.

And in case you wondered how to join all the tamper wires inside the control unit - use a "choc-bloc" terminal strip.

Have a search round, there's quite a few posts on why EOL is better if you can do it. If I recall correctly the main reasons are:

1. You know which circuit has been tampered, so finding it is a lot easier.

2. The monitoring is much more specific.

Yes indeed it is that simple. The tamper is one huge loop up and down every cable.

And in case you wondered how to join all the tamper wires inside the control unit - use a "choc-bloc" terminal strip.

Have a search round, there's quite a few posts on why EOL is better if you can do it. If I recall correctly the main reasons are:

1. You know which circuit has been tampered, so finding it is a lot easier.

2. The monitoring is much more specific.

Very encouraging...

Ok, I'll do the tamper...

I have just noticed that on my PIRs (texecom) they have headers where I can select resistance values - across tamper and alarm. I can certainly set these easily. Is that all I need to do?

thansk again...

Very encouraging...

Ok, I'll do the tamper...

I have just noticed that on my PIRs (texecom) they have headers where I can select resistance values - across tamper and alarm. I can certainly set these easily. Is that all I need to do?

thansk again...

With a global tamper you would just terminate the 2 tamper cores on a spare/unused terminal in the device to make the circuit. There's usually some provided.

I presume the resistance values relate to when using EOL, but someone else can comment on that as it's wired quite differently. (For a start I don't think you need the 2 separate tamper cores with EOL.)

With a global tamper you would just terminate the 2 tamper cores on a spare/unused terminal in the device to make the circuit. There's usually some provided.

I presume the resistance values relate to when using EOL, but someone else can comment on that as it's wired quite differently. (For a start I don't think you need the 2 separate tamper cores with EOL.)

Thanks a lot!

There is an Aux Tamper terminal that I will use.

I will stay away from EOL.

Appreciated!

Archived