Security Installer Community

Pir Wiring - Texecom

sennajc

no you don't, you terminate them in the tamper terminals or you will only tamper the cable and not the device.

but you have some good pirs so defo go end of line, very easy with those pirs.

I regret I haven't checked on here today...too busy with my install!!

I went the tamper route (not EOL) and have a fault: :('Aux 0 Tamper'. The speaker in the panel sounds (not the external) and it doesn't stop when I enter the engineer's code (1234) so I have to remove power to silence it!!!

Any ideas why the engineers code doesn't work?

Anyway, I have run all the tamper wires back to the panel (7 pirs and 1 contact). I have connected them in series using choc-blocs and run each end back to the 'Aux Tamp'. Is 'series' connection the correct way? Does it matter which side of the tamper terminal you connect to?

On the contact, I have wired the alarm wires across the silver terminals and the tamper across two brass terminals - again, does it matter what terminals I use - there is a third brass one! I really want to get it working in this mode even though I may change to EOL having read some of the posts!

To go EOL, I can do the PIRs easily (jumper pins) but do I need to do anything back at the panel - ie. add any resistors? Do I run the two wires (one from alarm & one from tamper) back to the zone terminals? What about the contact - do I use the tamper?

Apologies for long list and thanks for all the support!

Guest anguscanplay
I regret I haven't checked on here today...too busy with my install!!

I went the tamper route (not EOL) and have a fault: :('Aux 0 Tamper'. The speaker in the panel sounds (not the external) and it doesn't stop when I enter the engineer's code (1234) so I have to remove power to silence it!!!

Any ideas why the engineers code doesn't work?

Anyway, I have run all the tamper wires back to the panel (7 pirs and 1 contact). I have connected them in series using choc-blocs and run each end back to the 'Aux Tamp'. Is 'series' connection the correct way? Does it matter which side of the tamper terminal you connect to?

On the contact, I have wired the alarm wires across the silver terminals and the tamper across two brass terminals - again, does it matter what terminals I use - there is a third brass one! I really want to get it working in this mode even though I may change to EOL having read some of the posts!

To go EOL, I can do the PIRs easily (jumper pins) but do I need to do anything back at the panel - ie. add any resistors? Do I run the two wires (one from alarm & one from tamper) back to the zone terminals? What about the contact - do I use the tamper?

Apologies for long list and thanks for all the support!

in the contact twist the bare ends of the tamper toghever and use one brass terminal to hold it in place - youve still got no curcuit doing it your way

Archived