Security Installer Community

Lights/sockets Activate Alarm ?!

Greebo

Hey all,

I have an Aritech CS235 panel that until yesterday was working fine.

Now whenever there is a power change in the house the alarm activates..

For example if I have it on a part set and turn on the cooker the alarm will go off.

The event log shows that it thinks someone is opening the back door (an exit/entry point)

Its as if some neutral is connected to something somewhere, but nothing has changed in the house since the problem started.

Any ideas?

Looks like you may need the services of an engineer where abouts are you and im sure an engineer will contact you?

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Guest anguscanplay
Its as if some neutral is connected to something somewhere, but nothing has changed in the house since the problem started.

Any ideas?

ive highlighted that bit to help explain my advice ,

you have no idea about electricity - get an engineer in

Non Intended

Angus

ive highlighted that bit to help explain my advice ,

you have no idea about electricity - get an engineer in

Non Intended

Angus

?

Some neutral wire ( I obviously dont know which one)

is connecting to some alarm part/wire

somewhere in my house

whats your problem?

He ain't got a problem. He is trying to help, like me, so look at it this way:

Why do you think it anything to do with a neutral wire?

Has the alarm been serviced annually?

Has the back up battery been changed every 3-5 years?

:)

Looks like you may need the services of an engineer where abouts are you and im sure an engineer will contact you?

panel is locked by the original installer and Im not too excited about calling them back, it took them 2 weeks and 6 visits to realise they had set they system to dial out on activation and when being set...

The system is less than 2 years old so unless someone has ripped out a wire (and not told me!) I dont think its a fault

either that or the voltage changes are firing a tamper switch, but a tamper wouldnt activate the countdown, right?

He ain't got a problem. He is trying to help, like me, so look at it this way:

Why do you think it anything to do with a neutral wire?

Has the alarm been serviced annually?

Has the back up battery been changed every 3-5 years?

:)

;)

well I think its neutral because various electrical items trigger it and the neutrals are connected

if its was on the live I think Id know about it from the CU (and being dead or on fire)

battery is <2 years old and there are no faults on it

a tamper shouldnt initiate the system setting what is the exact description in the log?

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

I think what the guys above are trying to say is that there could be something seriously wrong with your electrics.

One of our engineers went out to a system today and found that when the landing light was on he was getting 150v between neutral and earth( this voltage under normal circumstances should be 0v ideally) so the actual control panel lid was becoming live. This was not a fault on the alarm and our engineer isolated totally from the spur, downpowered the system and strongly advised the customer to get an electrician in.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

a tamper shouldnt initiate the system setting what is the exact description in the log?

Thats what I thought, the log has the same message as if the alarm was operating correctly and I open the back door.

It always the same message, from the same zone

Archived