Security Installer Community

Gardtec

The wiring is in place from an existing scantronic 9100 system

I had heard some conflicting views about using the existing wiring and all quotes were given on the basis of new wiring

my mistake, i took it as you ment they were using the old cables.

although if in all the right locations and fully tested out they shouldn't cause any issues.

still top heavy at over a grand for a 595 and 7 PIRs imo.

In general terms what is the view of Gardtec ?

I've had a quote for a new system (domestic) where one firm plan to fit a Gardtec 595 with eurosec PIR detectors

Another firm have quoted for a galaxy

The first firms price is more expensive (by about 300 quid) but I really respected the guy who is the owner of the company and also installs himself

The second firm sales guy was a bit unsure of himself and what he was suggesting

I have heard conflicting reports about gardtec-I am wanting an auto dialler system set up and not monitoring

Thanks

Both are good equipment, personally I would go for the galaxy.

Also please remember no other company can really give you a fair opinion on the price, without ever having veiwed your propeerty.

Guest anguscanplay

afraid im going to have to agree with alter on this guys

gardtec stuff - used it exclusivly for 8 to 10 years its fine and does exactly what it says on the tin but assuming your house is just a house and its obviously not impossible to rewire ( so no laminated floors etc ) over 1k sounds very good for the installer - not so good for the person paying imo

get another quote to balance them out and dont worry too much about re-using the wiring - do it all the time and they should be able to let you know within the first hour if its going to need replacing

Angus

gardtec stuff - used it exclusivly for 8 to 10 years its fine and does exactly what it says on the tin but assuming your house is just a house and its obviously not impossible to rewire ( so no laminated floors etc ) over 1k sounds very good for the installer - not so good for the person paying imo

get another quote to balance them out and dont worry too much about re-using the wiring - do it all the time and they should be able to let you know within the first hour if its going to need replacing

Angus

No, all quotes have been on the basis of a totally new re-wiring-as mentioned, I heard conflicting advice about using existing cabling and I felt that if I were going to the trouble of getting a new system then maybe I should get new wiring as well?

Angus

common sense has arrived, he is also being charged for a dialler when the 595 has a voice com built in.

unless it offers more advantage, like listen in ect. i see no point?

well, well well,

regarding using existing cables it's not a thing you spend time on until you have the sale in your hands, so depends on what the installation looks like to me when i do the initial visit.

it's a 1st impressions thing, so if the cables look like they are chucked in or genrally untidy, i'll usually advise the client to go for new.

tbh it can be quicker to simply re-run everything using the old cables as draw wires, than waste time tracing out only then to find you have 4 pirs off a 4 core, and have to run new anyway :rolleyes:

both kit mentioned have sound trade respect and ardent followers, so you choose between the ford focus or the vauxhal astra. i do note that the galaxy has more engineer issues raised in trade than gardtec (mt flavour) seems to, and the gardtec G595 as said comes with a simple but effective 'VoComm' voice dialer built in, which also acts as digital communicator if later needed.

i don't claim to be the cheapest even though i'm not NSI or SSAIB registered, but have a loyal customer base who exspect the systems i install rarely give any trouble, if they do i sort it no if's no buts and no extra charges.

i do find it surprising Gardtec kit is the dearer of the quotes by such a margin, but we all have our own pricing schemes and your are getting the organ grinder with hopefully all his experience and gathered skills against a possible unkown 'monkey' subby or trainee let lose in your home.

it is who will installs what suits your requirements to the best in your opinion, and also offers the trouble free longevity and servicing to go with it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I also fit Gardtec equipment and for what you require the 595 panel has it all.

The company you use and know are not over the top for price as long they replace every cable back to the control panel.

If you do not have seperate cables for every zone going back to the panel then the panel is capable of having wireless fitted for those hard to reach areas(this is only if you have zones doubled up).

Why are they replacing all cable?

I would buzz out end to end making sure the cable was intact and if you have not had any problems with false alarms on any zone with the old panel then there should be no reason to replace all the wiring but many would disagree but it has worked for us and the price would be cheaper all round.

Don't get me wrong the Galaxy panel is a very good panel but our main one is Gardtec and it has it all to offer.

!

Given the choice i'd go for the galaxy every time.

Whatever you chose you will get a an excellent panel that will last for a lot of years with regular servicing.

Ever thought about the Yale panel from B&Q.....lol?

!

Archived