Security Installer Community

Baxall

Tagfcuk

:bruce_h4h:

I deny it. I always made sure to drink two from the competition for everyone from the company.

Cool i used to drink3.

I havn't been in touch with Baxall since i left but Mark Dawson from Express Circuits kept me informed about things over the years.

I was there between 1988 and 1996 so its probably the "old crew" that i worked with GT,RH,CH and Alec Hall to name a few.

good luck to all ex-employees, i hope everything turns out good and you get your money from the Government. :banned::banned::banned:

I deny it. I always made sure to drink two from the competition for everyone from the company.

So, two drinks for everyone from the company...

When you were there, that would mean about 200 people; so 400 drinks at the competition's expense.

Now that's devotion to duty!!

Small wonder that no sales ever resulted from IFSEC though.... :rolleyes:

Just to raise an interesting point...

Baxall Australia is still operational, although they have added distribution to their name.

They were bought by QR Sciences (an American company) just before Baxall UK went down the pan.

So the writting was on the wall, for a select few...

Beware the fury of a patient man...

Just to raise an interesting point...

Baxall Australia is still operational, although they have added distribution to their name.

They were bought by QR Sciences (an American company) just before Baxall UK went down the pan.

So the writting was on the wall, for a select few...

Thank you for raising that interesting point.

Neither that, nor the (UK) Management's subsequent insistence on accepting returns of virtually unsaleable obsolete stock from them, went entirely un-noticed!

Nor did accepting returns for full credit from an OEM customer without question, many severely blown up by their customers, some by gross incompetence in testing at their Goods-Inward test department, some with genuine faults, and many others for "Bad Optics" which turned out to really mean that the CCD sensors had developed blemishes (pixel defects) since final test, probably caused by cosmic rays, due to always being in a rush and the cameras going by aeroplane, rather than by ship.

"Political", so I was told.

Guest Dave the alarm man
and many others for "Bad Optics" which turned out to really mean that the CCD sensors had developed blemishes (pixel defects) since final test, probably caused by cosmic rays, due to always being in a rush and the cameras going by aeroplane, rather than by ship.

interesting

• 3 weeks later...

It is true stated before that companies spend much on wages and that might be problem if one employs to many. But it is also true that experienced workers are company's wealth despite good or wrong management which is separate issue. There is no business without experienced workers.

Obviously on such fast growing market security companies search for prior Baxal employees.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any updates on possible buyers for the camera side of the business?

Dedicated Micros have bought the Camera business. They have also taken on the camera development team to assist them in moving production. The people that dedicated should have employed for the transfer are the production management team and test engineers.

Don't know how they will manage without them.

Does anyone have any updates on possible buyers for the camera side of the business?

dedicated micros. Also employed the camera development team. These guys are also helping in moving the production lines to malta. Wrong team i think. Should have been the people who designed the lines and equipment and the production management team. Also heard Baxalls test engineer is not involved. Big mistake by Dedicated.

Archived