Security Installer Community

Bell Boxes Fitted With Ladders

mark auto

Hi Alan,

This is the bit that worried me: "perhaps even having a large hook to hang the top rung on, not pretty top look at but still safe."

What matters is that we all work as safely as possible - usually it seems that the H&S peeps get in the way, but they are looking out for us as well!

Unfortunately it seems that when someone wants you off site they use the H&S person to beat you until you go or they can chuck you off for breaches!

On the site we are on at the moment the bells and vents and other high up stuff are being treated by all as day works and charged accordingly!

It is really funny to see the sky installers waiting down the road for the H&S and site agent to go home on sat lunchtime...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Hi Alan,

This is the bit that worried me: "perhaps even having a large hook to hang the top rung on, not pretty top look at but still safe."

What matters is that we all work as safely as possible - usually it seems that the H&S peeps get in the way, but they are looking out for us as well!

Unfortunately it seems that when someone wants you off site they use the H&S person to beat you until you go or they can chuck you off for breaches!

On the site we are on at the moment the bells and vents and other high up stuff are being treated by all as day works and charged accordingly!

It is really funny to see the sky installers waiting down the road for the H&S and site agent to go home on sat lunchtime...

bet you just can't wait for the window cleaners to turn up then ;)

i see a team using extending poles with water run up the inside, they reached the 6th floor with them from the ground - did not have time to watch them apply the squeegee's though :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

usually Sat & Sun...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

• 1 month later...

don't know arms through the rungs? and i'm saying nothing other than you should not try this at home - but i have been called a 'clever dick' on occasions :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
don't know arms through the rungs? and i'm saying nothing other than you should not try this at home - but i have been called a 'clever dick' on occasions :whistle:

regs

alan

was that before my time then ?

Archived