Security Installer Community

Wireless Worries

Hi there everyone, one of my first posts on here. I have a question about wireless detectors notably a PA and fire detectors. I have a "phobia" about wireless microwave energy (won't go into any details here). I have a hybrid control panel which I could connect some wireless peripherals to. I have pulled cable for everything except smoke detectors and a PA so am considering going wireless for these. My question is this: are these devices normally supervised? ie whilst in their unactivated state am I going to have microwaves being transmitted about the house?

Thanks for your know how :)

Guest anguscanplay
Hi there everyone, one of my first posts on here. I have a question about wireless detectors notably a PA and fire detectors. I have a "phobia" about wireless microwave energy (won't go into any details here). I have a hybrid control panel which I could connect some wireless peripherals to. I have pulled cable for everything except smoke detectors and a PA so am considering going wireless for these. My question is this: are these devices normally supervised? ie whilst in their unactivated state am I going to have microwaves being transmitted about the house?

no less and no more than you have already got anyway

angus

Guest anguscanplay
And hey Angus, should your avatar not be 1960 SG? :) That gives off serious waves when stuck though a Marshall :).

hey if you dont like radio you would hate my rig lol

what were saying is there is so much radio in the air that unless youve taken real extreme precautions , and were talking more then turkey foil on the windows youll not really make much difference by fitting a couple of radio sensors , though a very good ie me - alarm installer may be able to wire them for you

hey if you dont like radio you would hate my rig lol

Go on watcha got then? I chucked all my rack gear out years ago (ADA MP1, Boogie poweramp-gorgeous) and have been keeping it simple with a TSL122 ever since. All axes are Ibanez. Have got my beady eye on a Triaxis lately though-might go mad again when I've finished sorting the sodding house out.

what were saying is there is so much radio in the air that unless youve taken real extreme precautions , and were talking more then turkey foil on the windows youll not really make much difference by fitting a couple of radio sensors , though a very good ie me - alarm installer may be able to wire them for you

So we're not talking mobile phone levels of radiation and nothing like your rack then? :) Mobiles give me a headache-I fugging hate them-and I don't want anything to come close to this in my house. Most people think I'm a fairy when I say this however. :ninja:

So would you be prepared to come over to paris to fit them then? Of course you'd have to be put up in the guest room which is the largest room in the house, in total luxury and have my other half cook delicious French cuisine for you. ;)

Guest anguscanplay
Go on watcha got then? I chucked all my rack gear out years ago (ADA MP1, Boogie poweramp-gorgeous) and have been keeping it simple with a TSL122 ever since. All axes are Ibanez. Have got my beady eye on a Triaxis lately though-might go mad again when I've finished sorting the sodding house out.

So we're not talking mobile phone levels of radiation and nothing like your rack then? :) Mobiles give me a headache-I fugging hate them-and I don't want anything to come close to this in my house. Most people think I'm a fairy when I say this however. :ninja:

So would you be prepared to come over to paris to fit them then? Of course you'd have to be put up in the guest room which is the largest room in the house, in total luxury and have my other half cook delicious French cuisine for you. ;)

oh how i would love to lol

sorry i dont have to hand the actual figures for the radiation transmitted but the sensors are supervised so they will be transmitting but my gut feeling is its very low - due to the battery - and i believe its sometimes possible to increase the time interval between signals

have you asked a "pro" to have a look , often we can see ways that others cant ( im only a one trick pony mind )

ibanez axe

les paul junior

ashdown boutique amp

sampson radio feed

sony radio phones

pod xt floor

and a really cheap strat copy with a cooking airbrush nude ????

angus ( really i wanted to be malcolm lol)

If you don't want microwaves in the house don't go for 2.4 GHz equipment, use 433MHz which is UHF, simple.

The amount of RF energy produced by these detectors is tiny, you get as much from a TV PSU, flourscent lights etc.

If your neighbour has a WiFi you are being bathed in low level microwave anyway, your skin should be thick enough to keep it all at bay so don't worry!

Now if you had a mobile phone mast close by that would be different, exposure at a higher level 24/7/365 can have as yet unexplained effect on some people such as mood swings, headaces etc (Don't tell the wife that!) But medical complaints are pretty unlikely to be caused by a couple of wireless detectors IMHO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

oh how i would love to lol

sorry i dont have to hand the actual figures for the radiation transmitted but the sensors are supervised so they will be transmitting but my gut feeling is its very low - due to the battery - and i believe its sometimes possible to increase the time interval between signals

have you asked a "pro" to have a look , often we can see ways that others cant ( im only a one trick pony mind )

ibanez axe

les paul junior

ashdown boutique amp

sampson radio feed

sony radio phones

pod xt floor

and a really cheap strat copy with a cooking airbrush nude ????

angus ( really i wanted to be malcolm lol)

Ah Ibanez-the best necks in the business! Gotta salute you for the graphic-very rock n roll. BCrich do something similar though er rather extreme in typical BCRich fashion. The information you give is reassuring. I haven't asked a pro to look 'cause over here in Froggy land things work veyr differently to the UK and there really is an extremely high Cowboys-proportional-to-total-piss-taking-quotes coefficient. Hence the reason why I'm doing this myself and/or considering paying someone an Easyjet return from the UK ;).

Other solution is of course to go fishing but since the plasterboard is up...

I have to go up to the attic space and finish off the ventilation system-you guessed it: full heat recovery, spiral conduit only. Why do I do it to myself?

Nice to talk to you, chat soon I hope.

Richard

Archived