Security Installer Community

Wireless Worries

Guest anguscanplay
Ah Ibanez-the best necks in the business! Gotta salute you for the graphic-very rock n roll. BCrich do something similar though er rather extreme in typical BCRich fashion. The information you give is reassuring. I haven't asked a pro to look 'cause over here in Froggy land things work veyr differently to the UK and there really is an extremely high Cowboys-proportional-to-total-piss-taking-quotes coefficient. Hence the reason why I'm doing this myself and/or considering paying someone an Easyjet return from the UK ;).

Other solution is of course to go fishing but since the plasterboard is up...

I have to go up to the attic space and finish off the ventilation system-you guessed it: full heat recovery, spiral conduit only. Why do I do it to myself?

Nice to talk to you, chat soon I hope.

Richard

ah but the wife hasnt worked out yet she is the nude ( had it done at the local custom moterbike shop as a christmas pressy to myself lol)

send ilkie a pm he might know some one local

angus

If you don't want microwaves in the house don't go for 2.4 GHz equipment, use 433MHz which is UHF, simple.

The amount of RF energy produced by these detectors is tiny, you get as much from a TV PSU, flourscent lights etc.

If your neighbour has a WiFi you are being bathed in low level microwave anyway, your skin should be thick enough to keep it all at bay so don't worry!

Now if you had a mobile phone mast close by that would be different, exposure at a higher level 24/7/365 can have as yet unexplained effect on some people such as mood swings, headaces etc (Don't tell the wife that!) But medical complaints are pretty unlikely to be caused by a couple of wireless detectors IMHO.

Hi Luggsey-just saw your post. Thanks for the information. There really is a massive amount of expertise on here it's really fantastic. I didn't realise that I could get lower frequency stuff. I'm going to look into that. I need to find out if it's available for the system I have. My mobile phone instantly gives me a headache when I use it and it stays for some time. I'm in the medical profession and this coupled with my inherant paranoia means I worry a lot about this stuff. But as I said before people think I'm barmy.

There isn't a phone mast close to us but what you've described would explain a lot re. my wife heh, heh. Maybe there's one around here somewhere after all!

cheers

Richard

Archived