Security Installer Community

School Cctv....difficult Senario!

Is that your install whistle?

If so do you hire the access lift and at what cost?

cheers,

Paul.

Yes it was a job we did a few weeks ago

The picker belongs to a company we do some subby work for we have FREE loan of it when ever we need it.

I tow it with my car in the photo but its a bit heavy, ok if you take it easy.

A very good bit of kit as long as the batts are charged up, it will reach about 10m.

Guest BellMan371
Yes it was a job we did a few weeks ago

The picker belongs to a company we do some subby work for we have FREE loan of it when ever we need it.

I tow it with my car in the photo but its a bit heavy, ok if you take it easy.

A very good bit of kit as long as the batts are charged up, it will reach about 10m.

Or it will even go if you use a very long extension power cable. :lol:

Depending on how "cost effective" the school wants the system to be you could look at the Derwent Extreme range of cameras, they come in all sorts of housings for high risk applications - such as interview rooms, police cells, physciatric wards etc.

Not cheap but robust and with excellent performance.

Failing that Altron ACP wall poles are a good option - but did you not say there were flat roofs nearby? What are the chances of a 'little angel' getting on the roof and showing off by shimmying up to the camera? And anti climb frames are an option, and also open up the world of 'my little cherub cut himself while trying to vandalise your camera'...... (and yes, i have had it happen to one of my customers!)

Depending on how "cost effective" the school wants the system to be you could look at the Derwent Extreme range of cameras, they come in all sorts of housings for high risk applications - such as interview rooms, police cells, physciatric wards etc.

Not cheap but robust and with excellent performance.

Failing that Altron ACP wall poles are a good option - but did you not say there were flat roofs nearby? What are the chances of a 'little angel' getting on the roof and showing off by shimmying up to the camera? And anti climb frames are an option, and also open up the world of 'my little cherub cut himself while trying to vandalise your camera'...... (and yes, i have had it happen to one of my customers!)

vandal grease

yep, then they sue you for damage to clothing

perhaps, not happened yet. plus all warning signs in place. plus all responsibility is signed over to client on completion cert.

how about the counter claim of trespass? :question:;)

Guest BellMan371
happened to me

copper once told my aunts neighbour that there was no such thing as tresspass :hmm: hows that work :question:

Archived