Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

kolobos

The bell box is my next area (why would it blow the AUX fuse it its power is not taken from the aux source?)

Because even if not from same location, ie aux connections, power is usually taken from same source ie same fuse.

simple test - remove fuse and see if you lose power at SAB connections.

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest anguscanplay
:rolleyes:Thanks for your help guys.

Firstly you all imply that i should call in an engineer and that his costs are justified, well i do if im absolutely stuck. ABSOLUTELY STUCK

Absolutely correct it is sometimes beneficial to just replace some items rather than spending time to test them etc. but i like to know the fault for future experiance.

Fault has been present over the last few weeks.

The bell box is my next area (why would it blow the AUX fuse it its power is not taken from the aux source?)

Things looking pretty good at the moment and ill report any further progress soon.

Many thanks again :rolleyes:

one by one

youve been absolutley stuck for a while- whatever advise you get isnt going to be enough to cure the fault within a reasonable time - we work to four hours as a rule

youre not likely to experience the fault again but youll assume any future faults are related and spend too long looking for the wrong cause

a few weeks is too long to have a fault on something designed for SECURITY

all devices are powered at some point from the aux fuse

nothing personal but this kind of intermitant fault isnt easy to diagnose remotly and it could be months before you manage to " mend " your alarm so i`ll stick by my advise - get an engineer in

Guest Dave the alarm man

A slack hand full of fuses & pair of carpet slippers is all you need to locate the fault steve :P

I'am guessing the system been slung in cables under carpets damaged under door way, or on gripper rod, or trapped / melted on to the pipes under the boards

on this product assuming its a reasonably recentish one, should have bell, aux, rkp fuses ect....?

in the great scheme of things a decent new install with cert & contract is the real answer

A slack hand full of fuses & pair of carpet slippers is all you need to locate the fault steve :P

I'am guessing the system been slung in cables under carpets damaged under door way, or on gripper rod, or trapped / melted on to the pipes under the boards

on this product assuming its a reasonably recentish one, should have bell, aux, rkp fuses ect....?

in the great scheme of things a decent new install with cert & contract is the real answer

Hey thanks Dave,

I thought i'd sussed it but again a fuse went today, the cables do run under the landing floorboards and it is usually when were going up and down the stairs a fair bit and i think some are in between the wide joints that are not tunden grooved so im now going to disconnect all PIR's by one and work through them and then finally the bell box. I am also thinking of changing all the wiring as i go through them to eliminate that area.

cheers,

Steve...

Guest anguscanplay
Hey thanks Dave,

I thought i'd sussed it but again a fuse went today, the cables do run under the landing floorboards and it is usually when were going up and down the stairs a fair bit and i think some are in between the wide joints that are not tunden grooved so im now going to disconnect all PIR's by one and work through them and then finally the bell box. I am also thinking of changing all the wiring as i go through them to eliminate that area.

cheers,

Steve...

was it raining down your way today?

hi,

i assume you know its blown because you hear the sounder activate. Next time it blows stand still and take some notes, Sherlock style. what room, what detector is close, what are you standing on, who is moving around. most people panic and run to the panel to shut the noise up. if you can build up a pattern it helps with basic fault finding.

how many sounders/detectors do you have on the system and also, what size/date is the battery?

as no one has mentioned a multi meter i wont either.

Archived