Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

kolobos

hi,

i assume you know its blown because you hear the sounder activate. Next time it blows stand still and take some notes, Sherlock style. what room, what detector is close, what are you standing on, who is moving around. most people panic and run to the panel to shut the noise up. if you can build up a pattern it helps with basic fault finding.

how many sounders/detectors do you have on the system and also, what size/date is the battery?

as no one has mentioned a multi meter i wont either.

The sounder did not activate and there are no immediate signs the fuse has blown until you try to set the alarm and all the lights are on and it never sets, just bleeps.

One external bell box and one standard small speaker in the house that came as standard.

7 PIR's although one is wired in series (1 zone = 2 pir's)

1 Fire alram module.

Disconnected at present are 2 pir's, 1 keypad, auto dialer and the fire alarm.

Steve...

Guest anguscanplay

when did you last have the carpet fitters in - they cant help themselves its like a compulsion " must cut cable.... must cut cable "

have a look there first

when did you last have the carpet fitters in - they cant help themselves its like a compulsion " must cut cable.... must cut cable "

have a look there first

I moved in 18 months ago and i haven't decorated yet because im planning on an extension HOWEVER check this out.

Located the main alarm cable run under the floor upstairs and what a mess, the installer should be SHOT! and he works for a major company or maybe doesn't now. I found 6 maybe 7 squashed and chaffed cables and the culprit being the one with fine scorch marks on where it has been arcing across when that area of the floor is stood on. Im still working on the repairs so im not sure if this will completely fix it but im pretty confident. I tried to upload a photo but apparantly im not permitted to do so.

Steve.

Guest anguscanplay
Located the main alarm cable run under the floor upstairs and what a mess, the installer should be SHOT! and he works for a major company or maybe doesn't now.

Steve.

hi Steve or maybe a previous occupier did some diy and moved the cables hmmmmmmmm

would love to see some pictures of the fine scorch marks - first time for everything and all that

I moved in 18 months ago and i haven't decorated yet because im planning on an extension HOWEVER check this out.

Located the main alarm cable run under the floor upstairs and what a mess, the installer should be SHOT! and he works for a major company or maybe doesn't now. I found 6 maybe 7 squashed and chaffed cables and the culprit being the one with fine scorch marks on where it has been arcing across when that area of the floor is stood on. Im still working on the repairs so im not sure if this will completely fix it but im pretty confident. I tried to upload a photo but apparantly im not permitted to do so.

Steve.

Try uploading the pic to photobucket then cut-n-paste the link on here :yes:

Guest anguscanplay
have you tried lifting the carpet and, using a magnifying glass, looked for fine scortch marks?

made me laugh as much as the customer would - me //.B.W.F.// up with a magnifying glass in one hand scratching my head lol

Archived