Security Installer Community

Home Cctv

tiandrew

The System Q "smart2" DVR will more than meet your needs.....It uses J2000 compression for excellent picutures....If you really want to stretch further then go for their DVR365 which uses H.264 compression....IMO The Jpeg is by far better VFM...

Superb pictures coupled with simple operation and set up. OK remote viewing is not as quick as H264 but for domestic use - Does it really matter?

• 1 month later...
For a while now we have been using the Avermedia 4 camera DVR which we find works well over the Internet and seems reliable. Only glitch really is the lack of a masking facility on the motion detection, otherwise nice little unit with a 2 year warranty.

Which model are you using? Is it eb1304net?

• 4 weeks later...
The System Q "smart2" DVR will more than meet your needs.....It uses J2000 compression for excellent picutures....If you really want to stretch further then go for their DVR365 which uses H.264 compression....IMO The Jpeg is by far better VFM...

Superb pictures coupled with simple operation and set up. OK remote viewing is not as quick as H264 but for domestic use - Does it really matter?

yes jpeg dvrs for me as well not really impressed with h264 technology... :no::lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Why??

the playback was not very good at all, i found the colours were a bit messed up, and the general quality of images were not great, having said that h264 technology internet connection was excellent but imno it still isnt value for m,oney. a little expensive and not as user freindly as the jpeg dvrs's that is my peronal experience of the units...

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

J2000 machines here as well

new hybrid with J2000 record and H264 for remote streaming

best of both worlds

J2000 fantastic images on playback

I changed my own office DVR last month to H264 machine............it going back

J2000 machines here as well

new hybrid with J2000 record and H264 for remote streaming

best of both worlds

J2000 fantastic images on playback

I changed my own office DVR last month to H264 machine............it going back

did you find the h264 machine unsuitable then? what problems did you have with it?

Archived