Security Installer Community

Home Cctv

tiandrew

i am looking to install a cctv system in and around my home, i want something that wont break the bank but i want something that is good! i would like to be able to connect it to my broadband connection and be able to record to a hard drive as well as being able to access from all over world if need be (hence the broadband connection)?

can anyone help please?

Guest anguscanplay
i am looking to install a cctv system in and around my home, i want something that wont break the bank but i want something that is good! i would like to be able to connect it to my broadband connection and be able to record to a hard drive as well as being able to access from all over world if need be (hence the broadband connection)?

can anyone help please?

hello

are you meaning to install yourself or get a firm in to do it ?

hello

are you meaning to install yourself or get a firm in to do it ?

as i am a qualified sparky i would probably do it my self but it would depend on the price coz i am knackered lately! lol

Guest anguscanplay
as i am a qualified sparky i would probably do it my self but it would depend on the price coz i am knackered lately! lol

ah

can anyone help please?

hi tiandrew,

the kit you might use for internet access will depend a quite a lot on how 'up' you are with computer and networks knowledge if your happy to make the DVR based on a pc and cards or buy ready made (which i'd personally recommend).

most kit will work with a static IP address, but a dynamic IP address is by far the most common issued by Internet Providers, so make sure your kit can work with dynamic before you buy anything, and if it needs a static ip then make sure your provider is happy to do this for you.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

i would just pay someone to do it

or spend the money on a really good holiday instead if you wanted to go the diy route

Guest anguscanplay
i would just pay someone to do it

or spend the money on a really good holiday instead if you wanted to go the diy route

or a boat

Guest anguscanplay
Try the AVtech Kit, Very good value for money!!!!

so is a jetski and imo youd get more satisfaction from one compared to a budget cctv system.

Trade cctv forum is full of situations where a cheap system has let the customer down

Archived