Security Installer Community

Bell Box Bracket Required (i've Lost It!)

Guys Please Remember this is a public area and as such replies should be on topic

regs

FCE

EDIT: OFF topic replies deleted

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

hi guys,

can i drop in my own little observation, while appreciating the concerns as to the regulations and their compliace, there is actually no reference this decoy is to be installed higher than what can be done from a standing, kneeling or even a laying down position, so it could even be at a lower basement level.

so unfamiliarity leading to assumption is as dangerous as an asumption based on familiarity - either way. if we want to go further if the o/p wantd to fo to his local 'shed' we should advise if walking to observe the green cross code, if by pushbike he should do the cycling proficiency test, wear safety glasses and protective gloves toe protectors breathing mask, and your only on the working at heights regs - need i or this threead go on further?

i wait to be flammed from on high, by someone claiming to be a superior being ;)

regs

aan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi guys,

can i drop in my own little observation, while appreciating the concerns as to the regulations and their compliace, there is actually no reference this decoy is to be installed higher than what can be done from a standing, kneeling or even a laying down position, so it could even be at a lower basement level.

so unfamiliarity leading to assumption is as dangerous as an asumption based on familiarity - either way. if we want to go further if the o/p wantd to fo to his local 'shed' we should advise if walking to observe the green cross code, if by pushbike he should do the cycling proficiency test, wear safety glasses and protective gloves toe protectors breathing mask, and your only on the working at heights regs - need i or this threead go on further?

i wait to be flammed from on high, by someone claiming to be a superior being ;)

regs

aan

No assumptions have been made as to height. Merely pointing out that consideration is to be made for such a scenario.

Can't ride rough shod over the Laws of the land can we??

Can we??

No assumptions have been made as to height. Merely pointing out that consideration is to be made for such a scenario.

Can't ride rough shod over the Laws of the land can we??

Can we??

hi cubit,

i demonstrated if taken at the written word how far we will have to go to cover our 'duty of care' (i.e backsides)?.

i'm not advocating or suggesting ignoring any legislation, just exploring the practicalities. you hear those ad's on the radio for finance or banks, then a higly rushed condition's statement i can never discipher, just wonder how far it will go?

if pressed to its full extent with disclaimers and duty or care, could my posts never end? :P

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay

do you not agree then that the only advise we can give someone who needs advice is to get a competant person to do the work instead

dont blame me its the monkeys in Brussells who created this situation

do you not agree then that the only advise we can give someone who needs advice is to get a competant person to do the work instead

He was only there for a day trip

don't blame me....

If that's the logical conclusion of your arguments then:

1. Why are you still here? :unsure:

2. Yes I blame you banghead

:lol:

the problem there is as i see it (i'm just playing devils advocate), you then have to advise how they would go about contacting and insurring they are actually competant. not a pre-requisit for this task but might be they contact an NSI/SSAIB firm, who might then send out a brand new trainee not an experienced engineer, so we then have to advise how they detect the attending 'engineers' competance, suitability and relevant experience.

regs

alan

the problem there is as i see it (i'm just playing devils advocate), you then have to advise how they would go about contacting and insurring they are actually competant. not a pre-requisit for this task but might be they contact an NSI/SSAIB firm, who might then send out a brand new trainee not an experienced engineer, so we then have to advise how they detect the attending 'engineers' competance, suitability and relevant experience.

regs

alan

That needs only be done once as opposed to endlessly answering questions the information from which 1/2 gets ignored and the resulting H&S & legal complications that arise.

C.

Guest anguscanplay

regs

alan

never said that did i

refer to the accredited regulatory bodies - thats why they are there to advise

Archived