Security Installer Community

Eurosec G-tag Prox Detector Installation

sd6446

Thanks again for the advice Alan.

For info, I have installed the new keypad (which says "ver. C" on it), and problem solved! No more flickering from this RKP with the prox connected and the RKP fuse in the main panel returned to 250mA. I am also returning the other keypad to Gardtec now, as even with a single prox. fitted to the 'new' keypad, the 'old' keypad is flickering badly!

:signthankspin:

(also from Angus lol)

on the bullet-in id did say later keypads would be modified, just some got released with a problem

regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
:console:

if you just stuck to batteries - you would not be so ignored

:lol:

regs

lan

i either get ignored or in trouble for telling the truth - starting to see what my ten year old is on about lol

typical I tell em what the problem is and how to mend it and Arfur gets the praise again - off in a huff

Sorry - thank you too. You did indeed point out the problem. Sadly my first point of contact at Gardtec led me off in the wrong direction initially.

Now, is there anyone else out there who wants a 'thanks'? ;)

Sorry - thank you too. You did indeed point out the problem. Sadly my first point of contact at Gardtec led me off in the wrong direction initially.

Now, is there anyone else out there who wants a 'thanks'? ;)

i wonder, did they say "well thats never hapenned before!"? lol

sorry just a 'in the trade' joke.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Think Gardtec are stupid for supplying cp8l & cpx's to joe public, a basic engineer panel but too many options and too much room for mistakes and problems for joe, also there giving out defaulting information, might be worth locking engineer codes into the gardtec's from now. I've voiced my concerns with them, don't think sales are over chuffed with things, we were promised that cpx would never be avalible to joe and here it is for sale in the likes of screwfix type books, now we get the 490 but how long before joe can buy theirself an 840 or something.... think Gardtec has opened a can of worms.... no wonder all us engineers can't get throught to tech support if people are on the phone asking "what's a door contact"

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest anguscanplay
but how long before joe can buy theirself an 840 or something.... "

they already can and theres plenty of them asking on the forum how to proggramme the things

I think Gardtec will loose business if engineers can't get through... I mean it was bad enough before..... now this...... also the day will come when a panel change comes up and it's going to be "I can get this for xxx amount" or "that quote... I can get the same gear off the shelf from B&Q for

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest anguscanplay
I think Gardtec will loose business if engineers can't get through... I mean it was bad enough before..... now this...... also the day will come when a panel change comes up and it's going to be "I can get this for xxx amount" or "that quote... I can get the same gear off the shelf from B&Q for

Archived