Security Installer Community

Eurosec G-tag Prox Detector Installation

sd6446

I'll go check it out, not having a go at joe public but think the suppliers are well out of line here. cheers guys

Oh dear - hope I haven't caused any offence here. I didn't realise that buying a CPX would cause such controversy. Ironically, it was from reading this forum that helped me to decide to go for the CPX!

I do feel I should clarify a few issues, however. Firstly, Risco called me (albeit in response to a brief email), so I did not intentionally hold up any of you guys getting through to technical support. Secondly, I wasn't asking "what's a door contact" - there was a genuine fault with the keypads supplied. Finally, I have not asked for any advice as to how to program it - yet! ;-)

I appreciate your comments were aimed more generically at "joe public", but perhaps feel that you posted it in the wrong section as I do not feel it's pertinant to my initial query.

On a more positive note, the 2nd keypad has finally been swapped out this week and now both are working well.

Thanks again to all.

Guest anguscanplay

nah its not your fault for wanting the best you can afford but a little history may clear things up

risco are a trade only wholesaler always were and always will be then suddenly the stuff starts appearing in screwfix,rs etc - all well and good but thf it was never designed for the end user to purchase and install direct so the manuals etc are written with a trade slant.

nah its not your fault for wanting the best you can afford but a little history may clear things up

risco are a trade only wholesaler always were and always will be then suddenly the stuff starts appearing in screwfix,rs etc - all well and good but thf it was never designed for the end user to purchase and install direct so the manuals etc are written with a trade slant.

And so they should be

watch out incoming :eekout::sofa1:

Aah, understood. In fact that explains why the manuals aren't readily available to "joe public".

I suppose a problem arises as to how Risco can actually stop wholesalers selling them to the public? The wholesaler makes a bit of profit, doesn't really have the ability to support it (as in my case) leaving the problem with Risco (and this forum! ;-).

Guest anguscanplay
Aah, understood. In fact that explains why the manuals aren't readily available to "joe public".

I suppose a problem arises as to how Risco can actually stop wholesalers selling them to the public? The wholesaler makes a bit of profit, doesn't really have the ability to support it (as in my case) leaving the problem with Risco (and this forum! ;-).

hit the nail on the head again - my your good

take this forum its likely youll get the concepts explained and maybe even a fault finding trick or two but if you needed to know how to set it up to isolate the hall at night its a complex set of buttons and who knows what jp will get wrong wrong by mistake.

tbf again even if i wasnt trade it should be a step too far and like gas if you needed something doing you need someone who can do it

angus

Archived