Security Installer Community

Need Opinion About Some Company.

Hi guys. I would like to hear your opinion about company called CONTRACT FIRE SECURITY from Birmingham (http://www.contractfire.co.uk).

I had an offer from them as service egineer/call out engineer and it looks interesting, but the way they work is new for me. I don't know what to think about them. Maby there is someone who work for them or know how they work. I just would like to know something more about them from you.

My main doubt is how they pay, because there is a lot premiums like something for not taking days off, a % from sold "parts' etc. and the way they work, i mean there is only one office and engineers all over England. I just do not know this way of work. i am asking because it looks fine but I would like to see clear picture.

Done some work for them last year, ok company but not very organized, lack of communication in the office somewhere, got sent to jobs that had already been done.I now there own engineers cover a big area, one minute in Southampton, the next Dover! They did have a few good contracts but believe they have lost Carphone warehouse which was worth a bit to them.

They paid ok

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

To be begin with you wont but over time that will change my friend, that will change. I am guessing you dont do a great deal of miles at the mo, i am talking 40-50k a year. You will then start to get reeeeeal sick of a 4 hour drive to do a reset at 2am because the security guard doesn't get paid to touch the panel,.

Archived