Security Installer Community

Need Opinion About Some Company.

You are probably right, but if I am driving with their van and they pay for this over time, than I can live with this. I am sure this can happend in any company. i am ready to do my job even if this mean service at 2am. My only concern is if they pay for it well. i worked for well organized company and I still had to go to switch the fuse back because security guard was to stupid to check fuses. I am looking for company which I could stay for longer with and not to be wory about my bills every day.

idealy you would talk to an existing employee about conditions, could ring the emergency number after hours see if you get an engineer to call you back on a 'new install' fitted today thats gone wronge :whistle: .

i've worked for several companies small and large as a service engineer, larger companies have likely a bigger pool of engineers, so on those extra busy nights like when we have heavy storms, you can usually pull in a guy or two who is not on the rota for standby. smaller companies if decent, tend have less calls but they tend to be further apart with no additional help available.

there is always exceptions, for a big well know national i worked 24 hours for 4 days with about 2 hours sleep during a period of prolonged fog and power cuts caused by the minors strikes. but i was very young and ultra keen then, i'm no longer young, still ultra keen, just not suicidal with the commitment level.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You are probably right, but if I am driving with their van and they pay for this over time, than I can live with this. I am sure this can happend in any company. i am ready to do my job even if this mean service at 2am. My only concern is if they pay for it well. i worked for well organized company and I still had to go to switch the fuse back because security guard was to stupid to check fuses. I am looking for company which I could stay for longer with and not to be wory about my bills every day.

Remember, they do National accounts, so the warnings about driving several hours for sod all is a potentially real prospect. Paid or not, the warnings about long hours are very real.

Regarding long hours driving. Companies are now being checked very carefully when an acident occurs. If the dibble so much as sniff a chance of proscecuting someone for working and driving excessive hours they will. If they find it is a company policy it is managements a*se in a sling. So it is possible this 'overtime' may result in time off in lui. Not so attractive then is it.

Remember, they do National accounts, so the warnings about driving several hours for sod all is a potentially real prospect. Paid or not, the warnings about long hours are very real.

Regarding long hours driving. Companies are now being checked very carefully when an acident occurs. If the dibble so much as sniff a chance of proscecuting someone for working and driving excessive hours they will. If they find it is a company policy it is managements a*se in a sling. So it is possible this 'overtime' may result in time off in lui. Not so attractive then is it.

I have to say that I did not think this way about it. You are definately right. I would like to avoid this kind of company and I wouldn't like to work as "afur mo" described. That is why I am asking You about this company.

I would like to contact someone who is currently employed by this company as service engineer to ask him few question.

I was thinking about one thing. Maby they can let me to go on one day to work with one of theirs engineers to see how day of work looks like in this company, before I make my decision. What You think aboutt that? Do you think they would let me?

Hi Stan

I'm in the same boat as you are need more info on this company. Got to speak to the op's manager tomorrow about hourly rate inrease ,holiday, car, etc etc

Met one of there fire extinguisher guys today he said comany lets him get on with it easy to work for.

Thanks SW

when ever you change employers, there is always a period of 'adjustment' while you find out each others advantages and disadvantages. employment is always a compromise between what you want and what you can actually get.

if your a good engineer expect to be used to the full and beyond by management, this generates fear and often jelousy amongst the lets say you lesser equipped collegue's, who will smile to you face and promptly stab you in the back to protect their 'turf'.

personally if anyone asked to come out for a day's trial, i would suspect thir real commitment and firm intent, and probalby look elswhere. i expect and demmand total loyalty from the very 1st minute of employment, in return i will give my total backing when they are right (lacking in some of my previous spinless managers), and roundly kick there butt all over the carpark when they are wrong.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
I have to say that I did not think this way about it. You are definately right. I would like to avoid this kind of company and I wouldn't like to work as "afur mo" described. That is why I am asking You about this company.

I would like to contact someone who is currently employed by this company as service engineer to ask him few question.

I was thinking about one thing. Maby they can let me to go on one day to work with one of theirs engineers to see how day of work looks like in this company, before I make my decision. What You think aboutt that? Do you think they would let me?

would your current employer let you have tha day off to look at a new job? if they would i would stay with them!

when ever you change employers, there is always a period of 'adjustment' while you find out each others advantages and disadvantages. employment is always a compromise between what you want and what you can actually get.

if your a good engineer expect to be used to the full and beyond by management, this generates fear and often jelousy amongst the lets say you lesser equipped collegue's, who will smile to you face and promptly stab you in the back to protect their 'turf'.

personally if anyone asked to come out for a day's trial, i would suspect thir real commitment and firm intent, and probalby look elswhere. i expect and demmand total loyalty from the very 1st minute of employment, in return i will give my total backing when they are right (lacking in some of my previous spinless managers), and roundly kick there butt all over the carpark when they are wrong.

regs

alan

Well my intent is clear and at this moment there is no commitment at all.

I want to see how does the company work. I do not know enything about them, how do they work, where they work, what do they expect from engineer, what kind of clients I would work with, and what kind of equipment work on.This all is important. I do not want to agree to work for them without really knowing what and how I am going to be doing. Maby You do not know but i am in England 2 years only. I never worked for this kind of company and this kind of customers and maby my concerns are mostly caused by lack of knowlege. But anyway I would like to know who i will work for, specially because I am looking for permanent employment. By permanent I mean than I will not leave this company even if someone else give me a lot more money, better car or what ever...I would like to wake up in the morning and be happy to go and work with them.

would your current employer let you have tha day off to look at a new job? if they would i would stay with them!

In my opinion only-if any employer would give You a day off to look at a new job it would mean than he do not give a s**t about You and You should be really quick in looking for one.

My wouldn't give me one - I think so!

Guest anguscanplay
In my opinion only-if any employer would give You a day off to look at a new job it would mean than he do not give a s**t about You and You should be really quick in looking for one.

My wouldn't give me one - I think so!

i was speaking as an employer - no i wouldnt give you the day off to look for a new job ! id give you the whole month and dont come back lol

i would want to know

how long has the company been trading - in this name and others

find some of their installs near you and have a look if they are all worst than you would do is it the kind of work you would want to put your name too

is the company approved and if so what

is it possible to do some agency work for them first?

do they ask on the forum for contractors or how did you hear about them

angus

Archived