Security Installer Community

Redcare Gsm Or Dualcom?

Which is the better product with regard to ease of installation, reliability, performance and manufacturers support? What is your opinion?

Installation Dualcom Slightly Easier (Ordering And Fitting)

All Others Redcare

But Take Away The GSM - Dualcom Your Left With A Digi RedGSM Your Left With A Redcare !!

I think RedcareGSM is far simpler to install than Dualcom,I never seem to get low signal strength on Red either, even though the antenna is not as 'movable' as Dualcoms.

Guest anguscanplay
ease of installation

redcare

reliability,

redcare

performance

redcare

manufacturers support

redcare

agree with the above but the problem with redcare is BT

Most of my experience with the Dualcom (about 30 units so far) has been good, with the main problems being caused by the GPRS service itself. To install it's simply a matter of fitting the unit and aerial, wiring the pins and phone line, powering up, learning the channels (takes about 10 seconds) and testing through. I'd be surprised if it takes longer than about 30 minutes to fit, set up and commission a Dualcom from start to finish. Plus, the Dualcom has 5 minute Polling, so if both paths are down, the ARC will know about it, so it's a bit more than a digi with a radio pad stuck on it (the GPRS is technically a triple path device signalling on GPRS, GSM then PSTN if need be). Signals take no longer than about 3 seconds to go through on a Dualcom Plus (a little slower on the GPRS).

You can stick a 4 input expander on it if you need more pins. You can also disable the PSTN path if there isn't one on site, so the customer isn't waiting on the telephone line before they get their signaling (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the ARC will up a GSM STU without a phone line present?). I can't say CSL Technical are particularly great (I suppose like most tech lines it depends on who you speak to). I also dislike the aerial connector on the GPRS (just waiting to be dislodged)

Trade Member

Fitted a GSM redcare today the 1st one in a long time went in like a dream no problems at all.

I Have also fitted the best part of 150 GPRS dual coms in the last 6 month and had few problems.

dual com for me as in a non bt area ( HULL ) do agree with gprs ant connection could be better

but overall a good unit also csl sell radio test kits so signal strength can be checked on survey / installation for best areial location

Archived