1 AED optima compact g3 panel

1 accenta RKP

3 PIR Detectors

2 Door Contacts

2 panic buttons

1 external aztech 1000 live

2 extension speakers

1 lyntek strobe flasher internal

i would like to add another strobe upstairs on the landing next to internal speaker currently have one down stairs in hall, i have the one down stairs connected to strobe terminals in control panel would i be able to connect another strobe to the bell out put in the panel but i dont want the external bell sound output to be reduced also i dont want to exceed the miliamps would this break the panel if i add another strobe and can i add it to bell output?

please help

thankyou

Looking at the specs of equipment you have posted and I'm not being rude or anything but why would you want a strobe indoors. I mean we install strobes indoor for all our schools which alert the reception staff if the fire alarm on the alarm panel activates and we install them on 24hr doors. But in a domestic setting never seen the point unless for a fire thing. with regards to your question I'm not fully familier with the ADE panels not something we use but if you connect to the strobe output you should be ok

if this particular panel has a bell cut off, then the strobe on the bell circuit will stop with the bell.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

yes panel has 20 minute cut off one in hall downstars and external are on until reset. not that bothered if the upstairs one stops flashing just need know can iput it on bell output and that it will not overload the system.

You may find the current draw is already exceeding the output during an alarm condition.

Why not fit a seperate power supply just for the strobes and use a relay connected to the strobe output.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

You may find the current draw is already exceeding the output during an alarm condition.

Why not fit a seperate power supply just for the strobes and use a relay connected to the strobe output.

i agree as breff says above,

most panels will run 2 sirenes with strobes, all the strobes draw sudden large current pulses when they recharge after the flash, so will cause some electrical noise on the supply rails. so should 2 or worse 3 strobes fire at the same time, this could cause excessive noise, and a malfunction like in which circuit indicates as caused the original alarm, and why the advice to supply seperately via relay is very sound imo.

i assume the strobes are required due to a users hearing issues's, if not then there is little point i can see of fitting them unless you also pump in smoke to disorientate any intruder (if this is an attractive idea to you, please seek a professional enginees help for obvious safety reasons).

hearing issue's apart, you would be better served installing additional sounders (not speakers) like 'sound bombs' to make it more uncomfortable for any intruders.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived