Security Installer Community

Dangers Of Microwaves

Vince8282

Millions of microwaves in use daily, would have thought a pattern would have shown up by now if they were dangerous to food.

Mind you, the article is right about the woman who died after blood was warmed in a microwave, *but* boiling your blood is not the intended use for a microwave........

notes regarding the death.

One interesting point in the above court notes is

1 Heating blood in this manner destroys the red blood cells, resulting in "gross hemolysis" of the blood, releasing large amounts of potassium. Excessive potassium, when introduced into the body, is often fatal. The practice of warming Intravenous (IV) fluids, other than blood, in the microwave was an accepted practice at Hillcrest Medical Center, as reflected in its written procedures

So I guess if there is raw blood in any food you cook in the microwave, you could be getting a raising of potassium levels in your food.

Millions of microwaves in use daily, would have thought a pattern would have shown up by now if they were dangerous to food.

Mind you, the article is right about the woman who died after blood was warmed in a microwave, *but* boiling your blood is not the intended use for a microwave........

So I guess if there is raw blood in any food you cook in the microwave, you could be getting a raising of potassium levels in your food.

Fangs for that! :joker:

sorry....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I think my head has been messed with :bruce_h4h: Quoting Wayne Dyer "When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change" Hmm

I think that the media in particular change the perception of things that we sometimes assume incorrectly and use the incorrect assumption as being truth when in reality it is at best a half truth. Your point about a pattern showing up may have shown up but then been covered up so as not to cause panic, hysteria etc let alone the governments desire to be able to afford the pensions if people live to retirement age and of course keep a lot of tax payers working in areas that will eventually result in early mortallity ie work till you drop etc.

I have seen what the microwave ovens do to the food so if the ovens leak microwaves they may well be cooking the people near them too. My little tester showed that 2 ovens were 2x over what the instructions said was a safe level and while I was infront of said ovens I did feel an unusual sensation. I have a microwave oven at home that I hardly use so I tested that for emmissions and found that to be well within spec, but what concerns me a little is how many out there are leaking in peoples houses that people don't know are leaking and maybe causing them harm.

I don't know the answers yet but I do think it may be in everyones interest to find out one way or another. :ninja:

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

quote name='Vince8282' post='162958' date='Apr 14 2007, 12:55 AM']I think my head has been messed with :bruce_h4h: Quoting Wayne Dyer "When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change[/color]" Hmm.

I think that the media in particular change the perception of things that we sometimes assume incorrectly and use the incorrect assumption as being truth when in reality it is at best a half truth. Your point about a pattern showing up may have shown up but then been covered up so as not to cause panic, hysteria etc let alone the governments desire to be able to afford the pensions if people live to retirement age and of course keep a lot of tax payers working in areas that will eventually result in early mortallity ie work till you drop etc.

I have seen what the microwave ovens do to the food so if the ovens leak microwaves they may well be cooking the people near them too. My little tester showed that 2 ovens were 2x over what the instructions said was a safe level and while I was infront of said ovens I did feel an unusual sensation. I have a microwave oven at home that I hardly use so I tested that for emmissions and found that to be well within spec, but what concerns me a little is how many out there are leaking in peoples houses that people don't know are leaking and maybe causing them harm.

I don't know the answers yet but I do think it may be in everyones interest to find out one way or another. :ninja:

And your little tester is what exactly???

I dread to think

:huh:

quote name='Vince8282' post='162958' date='Apr 14 2007, 12:55 AM']I think my head has been messed with :bruce_h4h: Quoting Wayne Dyer "When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change[/color]" Hmm.

And your little tester is what exactly???

I dread to think

It's e-bay item number 270109782464 or Here

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Well, i'll give you credit for keeping up the pretence. But really!!

And regarding the meter, since when as it been a requirement to check r.f. leakage when PAT testing??? :whistle: (see Ebay)

Let me tell you a story....

I am a liberated security alarm engineer who now works for himself with no hidden agenda.

As and when I have slack periods as we all do from time to time I use other skills that I am certified for in the electrical field, to keep the bread coming in.

I do do pa testing for a few firms on a regular basis and up until now had no desire or intension to test microwave ovens but a few weeks ago I was asked if I would or could test a companies microwave ovens for emmissions. Being the nice obliging bloke that I am I said I would investigate and so I did my research and bought the tester off e-bay.

Not knowing much about microwave ovens I took to surfing the net to see if I could be enlightened as I will be first to admit I don't know everything (not yet anyway).

I started this thread as a result of googling "dangers of microwaves" and while I have not come to any definite conclusions for myself yet I am not pretending anything. I am genuinely trying to research this subject with an open mind and weigh the evidence as one would in a scientific approach. I am still gathering the evidence at this point and if you would like to supply some references to support your view then I will be pleased to elvaluate them too. I have a great sense of humour but on this subject I have tried to be serious as I don't like the idea of frying my brain or worse still someone else frying it without my knowledge. I would like to here comments from anyone who has been down this path before and come to conclusions based on sound evidence.

As regards the testing of microwave ovens, as a responsible employer I would want to make it a requirement if it was a danger if not detected and if it could be a danger I would insist it was tested accordingly. It's one thing to be safe from electrocution it might well be more dangerous to be exposed to radiation. As I as yet don't know ie not come to any definite conclusion I am asking for the evidence to be put forward. I will also be asking questions about my little tester too :)

Archived