Security Installer Community

NSI Private Forum

Guest Peter James

The NSI forum - companies that NSI/Nacoss approved have always had a them and us attitude to the industry, even had the same attitude when Nacoss proposed ICON.
You hit the nail on the head Colin, but its more than just NSI/Nacoss, we have all come across the //.National Installer.// or chubb engineer who will not talk to you because of their "better than you attitude" (and I'm not picking on //.National Installer.///Chubb engineers, its just to show a point :) )

I maybe wrong but I think that's what the lads that are against the closed forums were getting at.. They didn't want access to them.

As most of the forum are now happy with the decision that there will be closed forums, then only time will tell if the trade forum turns into the same attitude.. <_<

As some of the //.National Installer.// lads and others think I was picking on Dave in on of my other post, then you need to read my post again and the post I was replying to..

As bellman said

Some of the things we discuss are covered under confidentiality agreements in our contracts
then is this not ground for getting fired from your job (As you said discussing confidential info that a engineer from another company has access to)

sonic.youth, were does it say in my post that Dave didn't treat everything in this forum in total confidentiality. I was looking at it from //.National Installer.// management point of view, in light of what bellman said that the //.National Installer.// lads wanted the closed forum for....

This point of view maybe wrong, but may I ask Pete (and no I'm not picking on him now :D ) you employ engineers, would you be happy in them discussing your companies confidential info in a closed forum?(If you didn't know Dave) If yes then I hold my hands up and apologize to the //.National Installer.// lads.

jpaul

Edited on behalf of Jpaul ...

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

PS Dave, can I have a "getting approved" forum? Cause I want to let unapproved installers share ideas on how to move towards becoming approved.
Ok Dale, thats set up for you.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hi Pete

Thanks for the reply,

But I wasn't getting at the //.National Installer.// lads on this forum, I was replying to a comment I had posted. I wasn't meaning to be personal to anybody

I was just making a point :)

I, like others, don't see the need for closed forums, and in doing so could turn the trade forum into them and us (by "them" I don't mean //.National Installer.// before anyone starts ;) )

And as I said in the early post

only time will tell if the trade forum turns into the same attitude..

jpaul

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest granleyss
This topic has become an example one of the reasons why I asked for a private forum for NSI.

The title asks for NSI companies to contact me for access it says nothing about debating why there should or shouldnt be a private forum, but thats what its turned into.

Yeah ok an //.National Installer.// forum for the //.National Installer.// guys fine to some degree but to stop unapproved companys accessing the NSI forum thats a joke it doesn't matter if we are approved or not we are all the same and as you have all said we are entitled to are opioens, if the NSI Forum becomes a debate so what at the end of the day we including us NON APPROVED companys are entitled to have our say. If it going to start becoming a closed forum for everything then whats the point of this whole forum. Its stupid we should have access to everything and share our information and works together as friends and as a team if it going to become a battle of the closed forums or approved verses unapproved then it makes this site not worth looking at we are all a team and should all be friends.

There are allready NACOSS and SSAIB forums, for any questions that employees of registered companies, or employees of un-registered companies are quite welcome to use, and they are what everyone not envolved in the management side of things should be using, The Forum Pete`s had set up is not intended for all those General type questions but is more for company Managers and management to discuss the finer points of requirements. And im sure that Pete will let anyone involved with that side of running a company into his Forum. But why everyone else should need access to this Forum is beyond me.

A lot of you are allready in the privelaged position of having access to the Trade Forums, these are hidden from 99% of the forum members, so that means that around 45% of these forums are hidden to normal members, but do you hear any of those members crying because they cant see/access them....? No you dont, and YES they do know they exist.... And thats why it supprises me soo much at all of these negative opinions just because your being refused addmission to just those 2 Forums.

Guest granleyss

Yeah but we should be able to contribute to the comments being made. NSI applies to all, not some. I don't mean to come across as sarcie but I believe we should have a right to impliment our comments on matters regardless whether we are approved or not and closing a forum to non nsi members is saying that we don't get a say.

There are allready NACOSS and SSAIB forums, for any questions that employees of registered companies, or employees of un-registered companies are quite welcome to use, and they are what everyone not envolved in the management side of things should be using
If your in anyway involved as a Director, or part of the managerial team running a company then im sure Pete will allow you access. If your not, well why should you be let in...? if your employer has a management meeting are you invited..?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I've read all the comments and i found most of your arguments for and against had merrit BUT

I am an install/service engineer for an aproved S.S.I.A.B company

I asked my gov. before joining this site ,

I joined becuse i care about MY performance when servicing / installing a system and any hints, tips which will improve the service i give to customers has got to be for the better

If some one wants to go off and moan or talk about his/her respective company/governing body thats fine and should be done in private & without predudice

the pages of the public forum are first class .

As a web sit this one is first class and Dave should be praised for producing a site that gives a huge ammount of info without breaching copyright,manufacturers restrictions

At the End of it all We are Engineers Trying to Improve Standards across the security spectrum

for the benifit of the client/customer and Engineer

" A manager asks his employees how much effort they think they are giving the company and he gets a range of replys from 75% to 90% so he decides to take his employees on a team building exercise Parachute Jumping.

In the plane at 10,000 feet they are about to jump when the manager says the guy packing your Chutes said he was putting about 90% effort into doing the job propperly"

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Archived