Security Installer Community

Alarm Prices

HI GUYS

MY First advert went into local paper last week , there is never anyone else who advertises intruder alarms, so i couldnt beleve

it when next to my advert there was some other company advertising package including 4 PIRs 2 DCs Bell panel and keypad for

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

That is the forces of a free market i`m afraid.

How you can quote a fixed price without a site visit or risk assessment is beyond me anyway.

Perhaps quoting prices here isnt the wisest choice anyway, as said before join trade and watch a larger profile become available to yourself.

cheers

Advice is free,and any you can get when your starting out is valuable

so in an atempt to boost your confidence

when we started out on our own we made a concious decision to set out and stick to our principals

1. install good quality kit

2. charge a fair price

3. carry out the risk assesment and if a grade 3 was req. then a grade 3 is what we would fit

4. be honest and up front with the customer thats the price and no budging

5. be promt and punctual

we found that we grew a reputation of beeing a quality company by word of mouth and it was far more efective than any advertising

when we could afford it we went registerd first with the ssiab then with the nsi as well

what started out as a two man show has grown now we run 3 vans 3 engineers we have moved into a propper office with a secretary

its hard work and takes time

yes we lost jobs to beying under cut and several times we thought about chuking it all in but stick to your guns it will pay off eventualy it has for us

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

Advice is free,and any you can get when your starting out is valuable

so in an atempt to boost your confidence

when we started out on our own we made a concious decision to set out and stick to our principals

1. install good quality kit

2. charge a fair price

3. carry out the risk assesment and if a grade 3 was req. then a grade 3 is what we would fit

4. be honest and up front with the customer thats the price and no budging

5. be promt and punctual

we found that we grew a reputation of beeing a quality company by word of mouth and it was far more efective than any advertising

when we could afford it we went registerd first with the ssiab then with the nsi as well

what started out as a two man show has grown now we run 3 vans 3 engineers we have moved into a propper office with a secretary

its hard work and takes time

yes we lost jobs to beying under cut and several times we thought about chuking it all in but stick to your guns it will pay off eventualy it has for us

100% Agree with you mate.

Our price is our pirice if the customer dont like it then no job done.

Dont get me wrong if its a 10k install i can move a few % to get the deal but i wont work for nothing ever.

I feel sorry for you security guys. The market is flooded with cheap **** security companies who lash it in for next to nothing making it impossible for quality companies to earn a living. The same is happening to an extent with the fire industry with sparks taking all elements of installs and fit outs thinking its a nice easy job to lash in a cheap system. All you can do is be honest and diligent and hope your integrity wins thro in the end.

My price is my price no discussion even on a recent 5K CCTV job. Got the job and have received three phonecalls from different department managers to say how pleased ther are with it. Quality wins out in the end. Stick to your guns.

I feel sorry for you security guys. The market is flooded with cheap **** security companies who lash it in for next to nothing making it impossible for quality companies to earn a living. The same is happening to an extent with the fire industry with sparks taking all elements of installs and fit outs thinking its a nice easy job to lash in a cheap system. All you can do is be honest and diligent and hope your integrity wins thro in the end.

Couldnt agree more with sparks ruining the fire industry, it gets right on my tits.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived