Security Installer Community

Spanish Phone System/uk Phone

luggsey

A friend of mine took over his UK spec digital cordless phone to spain to hopefully get it working.

He used a line cord from his PC modem to test the phone (PC working fine) to find it was dead.

Q. Is the spanish phone system the same as ours for phone type.

Q. How can a UK phone be made to work in Spain. (If a new lead is required anybody have pin details)

Ta.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 3 weeks later...
A friend of mine took over his UK spec digital cordless phone to spain to hopefully get it working.

He used a line cord from his PC modem to test the phone (PC working fine) to find it was dead.

Q. How can a UK phone be made to work in Spain. (If a new lead is required anybody have pin details)

Ta.

Nobody know then? That's a first!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay
Nobody know then? That's a first!

i could go and have a look for him second week in april sounds good

Ta.

For the sake of

it is still only a 2 wire connection, in the UK we use 2 @ 5 at the socket, simple remedy is to wire a UK master socket 2 & 5 to the spannish socket, simply remove it and attach your wires to the incoming line terminals.

job done, or could be for cost of my flight and free 1 week rent :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

A family member has moved out there and has taken his digital cordless phone system with him, he can't get it to work so it was a simple yes/no situation to anybody that has tried it/knows the standard out there.

No free holidays........only me! :D

My Amateur Radio Forum

dont they use an rj11? ie the little 4 pin style plug. If so then you will find the inners and outers are back to front for a modem lead, as most modems use the inner2 and most rj11 jacks use the outer 2

either that or the lines dead

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

like James said, might be a dead line.

if not there are adapters for everything, i'd have thought there would be one for this problem ready made.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived