Security Installer Community

Recording "copy Blocked" Programs From Ntl Box

Deltaseven

The problems you are experiancing is more than likely MACROVISION COPY PROTECTION which is detected by the recording device and then blocks the recording giving you a warning. There are leads available to filter the signal so that the recorder does not see it and lets you record ok.

You should ideally be using a scart from the NTL box to the input of the recorder and not RF connections as the macrovision filter / blockers are scart cables and also are usually powered at one end with a dc supply i.e. 12volts.

IM NOT! reccomending this site but this is the sort of thing you require and you could maybe find a cheaper alternative Macro Remover

Steve...

From the site rules ..........

2: Software piracy in strictly prohibited:

Rationalize it all you want, piracy is stealing. There shall be: No Warez Software, or other copies of copyrighted material.

This includes linking to, posting about, and suggesting ways of obtaining illegal software and/or other copyrighted materials such as scans from magazine articles. Posting such information may also result in your posting privileges being revoked. Furthermore, we will not tolerate postings that encourage people to violate copy protection by referring them to sites that have copyright protected articles publicized and/or illegal software. Any such post will be removed from our forums and your membership and posting privileges will be revoked as soon as we find the offensive post.

- No posting links to sites containing pirated software

- No requesting 'cracks', 'warez', copyrighted MP3's or Movies for download

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Im going to let the link above stay, even if it didn't work for me.

However I did find the item on the site in the link and they have a disclaimer there stating that copying copyrighted material is illegal, the link is not to pirated software or illegal downloads of any kind. Even the equipment is legal, only using it to copy copyrighted material is illegal AFAIK.

If any other mod feels different then they can remove the link later.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 1 year later...

Archived