Security Installer Community

Ademco Accord Xpc

fatone

Hi I have just completed wiring an Accord XPC(v1.46) to a Bentel TS100 Siren module.

It all works fine but it (Bentel blurb) recommends connecting the ENG (Engineer input) to a positive. This prevents the auto activation of siren by Tamper and will open the tamper circuit.

Q1 Do I just connect to Positive on the board (If I want to service siren) or is there a terminal that will give positive when in engineer mode that it can be permanently connected to?

Q2 I would like to use 2 sirens. If I purchased another Bentel TS100 could they just be wired in parallel?

Q3 I want to connect a Gardiner Piezo sounder (Sound Bomb) I need Positive and Negative feeds that are live when the siren is active. Do I connect to Bell+ and Bell- on the alarm PCB?

Q4 I have a Menvier SD1 to connect as well. I only need a trigger on an alarm.(Not PA or Fire) What should I connect to in the panel Bell+, and ensure the SD1 is set to Trigger polarity Positive?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Where are you purchasing ts-100 sab modules from?

I got the bentel from ebay along with an //.National Installer.// box.

I have sorted the dialer and will try the piezo later this week.

I will connect the piezo to Positive(Aux Power feed) and Bell- on the control panel PCB.

Thanks for all your help.

I got the bentel from ebay along with an //.National Installer.// box.

The ts-100 is made specially for //.National Installer.// by their subsidiary company bentel.

It's not available for sale anywhere so is virtually guaranteed to be stolen.

It was not in production when the dealership schemes were in place so no chance of it being from there either.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

You are correct I do not work for them. But I would not know it to be stolen either. I have it working OK I was just asking about the ENG function. I am sure I'll work it out. Thanks

Ignorance of the law is no defence, your still guilty of handling stolen goods if it proves to be stolen. theres irony ther somewhere.

I fully appreciate you are unaware of the origins and I have no argument with you, it's the ebay seller i'm concerned over but at the end of the day theft is theft. It affects all companies and eng's that pilfer are best out of the industry.

May I ask the name of the ebay seller you bought it from? it'll save me having to search ebay for it.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived