Security Installer Community

Ademco Accord Xpc

fatone

Not harsh at all - if anyone receives goods knowing them to be stolen they are guilty of a criminal offence ... crime, police, court, ...jail?

So do we assume all goods on Ebay are stolen?

Did the op know about //.National Installer.// kit and its origins ?

"Knowing" and being "conned" so to speak are two different things.

I do not condone theft, having worked in this industry for too many yrs to bother to count as a locksmith and electronics engineer. However if ebay is to allow goods to be sold then part of the responsibility must lie with them.

Selling or providing a place to sell stolen goods is "fencing" a crime is it not?

cheers

Before you start wiring up an alarm system think how and where did the intrusions come from. Consider your physical security needs first then your electronic.

Keep them out and if they then get in have the alarm, but far better to keep them out and have no alarm bells ringing.

cheers

Hi

I reckon I have sorted entry now. Anybody that gets in is going to have to make a great deal of noise and work very hard to get in. The last fellow was a druggie who just needed his next fix. It may well happen again, it can happen so quickly, we do what we can.

With regard to earlier posts the bentel siren, it may well have come frome a commercial premises, I collected from a commercial premises.

The vendor was not an alarm installer probably the owner of the premises.

I have to say as I drive around I see loads of //.National Installer.// bellboxes in places that I drive, I am sure could not afford the //.National Installer.// service! Lots go walkies!

The reason I wanted //.National Installer.// is that I live in an area where they probably can afford the Real Thing and many do, But I can't but want to!

I'm hoping the quality of the install may put off the local Billy da Burglar also Dennis da Druggie!

Thanks Chaps for the interest.

Its not exactly clear if the goods are stolen, even bellman admits that.

I don't think //.National Installer.// leave brand new units with the customer though, they generally supply them installed only.

C'mon Guys.... How quickly some forget...

How un-helpful can we get..? :angry2:

A question I should not be asking myself. :no:

These last few months this community seems to have lowered itself yet again by on numerous occasions being rather un-helpful, disrespectful and be-littling to our public members. There is NO excuse for this, it does nothing for the reputation of this community and it's Trade membership.

Recent PM's to myself from many PUBLIC and Trade members have been to complain about various replies to publicly asked questions. It is my opinion that if any member has nothing useful to add to the origional query then he should not bother to reply.

Any replies to posts in the publicly viewable sections of this community should be made in a proffesional, curtious and respectful manner.

If you do not want to help a member, then do not reply to his question.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Highlighting the law is not being unhelpful.

It may well be off-topic but we should not hide matters that appear to be unlawful.

Bellman has concerns about property that may belong to his employer - I would be concerned if I found that my company goods were not where they should be.

That's fine, highlight the law in 1 post. Then get back on topic.

If anyone has issues with eBay selling suspect equipment, then take it up with eBay or the seller of the equipment.

This is a Security Installer/DIY'er HELP forum, nothing more and nothing less.

Any replies to posts in the publicly viewable sections of this community should be made in a proffesional, curtious and respectful manner.

If you do not want to help a member, then do not reply to his question.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Thank goodness there are so many 'perfect' people in the alarm trade, how many can truthfully stand up and say that every inch of cable, cable clip, door contact etc, installed in their house, garage, shed has come from a legitimate source with receipts, I beg to suggest none - what's the difference between you/us and this poor chap, other than HE did not know?

This poor guy bought from eBay, all he saw was a sounder that he hoped would fulfill his needs

I know ignorance is bliss and is no defense, but, for heavens sake there is no need to berate him in this way.

And, for the 'oldies' what about the ally tube that holds up your runner beans every year?

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived