Security Installer Community

Pc Cctv Card

luggsey

At home I have got an el-cheapo Grand-X DVR PCI card with four inputs. I have realised that if I use cameras of a different make I get a sort of pulsing effect on the video of the next camera, if I use two cameras of the same make it seems fine. I set it to PAL N which seems to work fine for the two colour bullet cameras I use but if I add a cheap and nasty Microtec camera it screws the other one up. So I know how to avoid the problem, I know a more expensive setup will work better blah blah. What I would like to know is "what" is happening to cause this effect?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

i assume its a single chip card? and if so you have set all the same ie pal colour res etc?

One thing to not is that some cheapy cameras dont output a clean signal (not 1v p-p) and can screw el cheapo kit up

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i assume its a single chip card? and if so you have set all the same ie pal colour res etc?

One thing to not is that some cheapy cameras dont output a clean signal (not 1v p-p) and can screw el cheapo kit up

Yes , Yes and Yes!

Thing is they all work ok as a "pair" but not a mix??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

i can only assume there is something nasty or upi have a dodgy input. your cam hasnt got any so called enhancement options on it that just amps the main vid signal higher than 1 v. You can also try fitting a 75 ohm terminator to the spare input (or make one)

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i can only assume there is something nasty or upi have a dodgy input. your cam hasnt got any so called enhancement options on it that just amps the main vid signal higher than 1 v. You can also try fitting a 75 ohm terminator to the spare input (or make one)

Good point! Hadn't thought if trying that....

I'm not able to access all the bits and bobs I used to have at work.. :whistle:

Is it just a 75 ohm resistance brigded out?

My Amateur Radio Forum

that will do but it isnt perfect, but just put a 75 ohm resistor across it

I'll start digging the junk box tommorow! :signthankspin:

My Amateur Radio Forum

At home I have got an el-cheapo Grand-X DVR PCI card with four inputs. I have realised that if I use cameras of a different make I get a sort of pulsing effect on the video of the next camera, if I use two cameras of the same make it seems fine. I set it to PAL N which seems to work fine for the two colour bullet cameras I use but if I add a cheap and nasty Microtec camera it screws the other one up. So I know how to avoid the problem, I know a more expensive setup will work better blah blah. What I would like to know is "what" is happening to cause this effect?

Hi.

The UK standard is PAL-I (thats an i, not a numeric 1)

Please try this setting.

The main difference is the audio sub carrier but I think the colour sub carrier may also be different on PAL N to I.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Hi.

The UK standard is PAL-I (thats an i, not a numeric 1)

Please try this setting.

The main difference is the audio sub carrier but I think the colour sub carrier may also be different on PAL N to I.

Paul.

Hi, yes already tried that, the setting that includes "I" also includes BDGH as well. Double checked it and it made no difference. I did go through every mode combination when I set it all up, seems to be the el'cheapo microtec camera that screws it all up!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived