Security Installer Community

Pc Cctv Card

luggsey

Hi, yes already tried that, the setting that includes "I" also includes BDGH as well. Double checked it and it made no difference. I did go through every mode combination when I set it all up, seems to be the el'cheapo microtec camera that screws it all up!

If they are 12V cameras try both cameras ruining from a 12V battery (alarm type) If this cures the problem it's an issue with the PC's internal Switched mode PSU and the PSU you originally used with the cameras. You could cure this with a better supply for the camera and or humblocks.

If your up to the challenge delve in to the PC and find the OV and 12V from a spare lead from the internal switched mode PSU and use this to power the cameras with all items off the same PSU this also should cure the problem. Do this only if the cameras take up to say 200ma each, the PC will easily cope with this.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

If they are 12V cameras try both cameras ruining from a 12V battery (alarm type) If this cures the problem it's an issue with the PC's internal Switched mode PSU and the PSU you originally used with the cameras. You could cure this with a better supply for the camera and or humblocks.

If your up to the challenge delve in to the PC and find the OV and 12V from a spare lead from the internal switched mode PSU and use this to power the cameras with all items off the same PSU this also should cure the problem. Do this only if the cameras take up to say 200ma each, the PC will easily cope with this.

Paul.

I have the two bullet cameras on a good switch mode PSU for cameras, the microtec stuff is 9 volt I think. I have tried two cheapo make cameras with the same result, I have got the idea that if they are a different line standard/resolution that will throw the DVR card a bit. As I said to James I don't have access to the bits and bobs I used to (took a year off to build an extension, refurb the camper and put a new engine in my Landrover!) at work so I have to be creative! I'm thinking with three different PSU's ground loops could be an issue so after I have tried the 75ohm terminator I will see if it's possible to refrence all grounds or possibly making a balun. Have also got some spare torroids so I'll slap a couple on the psu end and see what happens!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I have the two bullet cameras on a good switch mode PSU for cameras, the microtec stuff is 9 volt I think. I have tried two cheapo make cameras with the same result, I have got the idea that if they are a different line standard/resolution that will throw the DVR card a bit. As I said to James I don't have access to the bits and bobs I used to (took a year off to build an extension, refurb the camper and put a new engine in my Landrover!) at work so I have to be creative! I'm thinking with three different PSU's ground loops could be an issue so after I have tried the 75ohm terminator I will see if it's possible to refrence all grounds or possibly making a balun. Have also got some spare torroids so I'll slap a couple on the psu end and see what happens!

Well good luck with the fault finding!!

Switched mode psu's are rarely regulated enough for CCTV unless they are designed for AV (audio-visual) use. See if you can find out how much "ripple" they produce on the output. If its say 0.1v (100mv) then it's a 1/10 the size of the video signal's 1v peak-peak output! This is where you get the hum-bar from.

I believe that you can

System Q Ltd.

Well good luck with the fault finding!!

Switched mode psu's are rarely regulated enough for CCTV unless they are designed for AV (audio-visual) use. See if you can find out how much "ripple" they produce on the output. If its say 0.1v (100mv) then it's a 1/10 the size of the video signal's 1v peak-peak output! This is where you get the hum-bar from.

I believe that you can

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

If only you'd have said that a Month ago!

There's always one that says that!

Go on then....

My Amateur Radio Forum

I know of 2 TDi Discos that have been scrapped in the last few weeks, not sure where they are atm. 1 of them I think had an engine problem, not sure what was wrong with the other one.

How committed are you to finding one. There's a few people round here that could probably turn up a decent one if pushed, we are in an area where Land Rovers are quite popular!

I know of 2 TDi Discos that have been scrapped in the last few weeks, not sure where they are atm. 1 of them I think had an engine problem, not sure what was wrong with the other one.

How committed are you to finding one. There's a few people round here that could probably turn up a decent one if pushed, we are in an area where Land Rovers are quite popular!

I need the engine and front pipe and the wiring loom including heater relays etc, the rad/Intercooler and all the pipework for the engine complete.

It can be the 200TDi from a Discovery or Landrover 90/110.

Some people ask silly money for this when the complete Dicsocverys near end of life can be had for peanuts! I'm in no real hurry so if you hear of one let me know ta! I would prefer a engine already removed and on a pallet then I can have it collected anywhere in the UK. A road legal cheap Disco may do the job as well. Thanks for helping!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Here's a thing, just tried the cameras together (2 colour bullets and cheapo camera) at night with all three just seeing dark pictures and the pulsing colour effect does not show. Could this simply be to do with the processing sped of the onboard PCI cards chip?

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived