Security Installer Community

Sat Nav

PJF

Went to Halfords and got the Navman F20, tested it, works spot on, job done.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

yeah but i dont get nicked for using my tom tom while driving, bet you do if you have your map in your hand, or do you stick you a3 map to your windscreen?

lol

You will get nicked of mr plod catches you...not being in proper control of a motor vehicle.....do belive it's err hum 6 points for that one oh and a fine upto

i agree, but glancing at my sat nav is slightly less dangerous than having an a2z on my lap IMO, now trying to put address in to my sat nav while driving might be slightly dodgy, or is that the same as operating my radio??? lol

Well thats up for discussion and you are right about glancing at a map..although to do you for not being in proper control they have to prove you was doing something other than driving...i.e see you playing with sat nav,having a drink,eating an apple mind you if i was pulled for eating an apple i might argue thats the only way i can fit in 5 a day...it might help if it went to court??....then again????...then again you may just get banned :banned:

Well thats up for discussion and you are right about glancing at a map..although to do you for not being in proper control they have to prove you was doing something other than driving...i.e see you playing with sat nav,having a drink,eating an apple mind you if i was pulled for eating an apple i might argue thats the only way i can fit in 5 a day...it might help if it went to court??....then again????...then again you may just get banned :banned:

hi MJW,

a recent court case of driver prosecuted for eating an apple while driving, was thrown out when he exsplained he was stuck in stationary traffic at the time :rolleyes: , so the judge ruled against the Police as so no hard 'core' evidence had produced of driving without due care and attention :eekout: boom! boom!

sorry guys

regs

alan

hi all

seriously for a minute, they are saying it is 3 points, but you will also get another three at the same time for not having proper control of the vehicle and fined for both offences to boot.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi MJW,

a recent court case of driver prosecuted for eating an apple while driving, was thrown out when he exsplained he was stuck in stationary traffic at the time :rolleyes: , so the judge ruled against the Police as so no hard 'core' evidence had produced of driving without due care and attention :eekout: boom! boom!

sorry guys

regs

alan

hi all

seriously for a minute, they are saying it is 3 points, but you will also get another three at the same time for not having proper control of the vehicle and fined for both offences to boot.

regs

alan

Hi alan

I would still argue the 5 a day rule its what the govt say

do like the hard core bit

Not quite so unbelievable, there was a case not so long ago were a woman was fined for unwrapping a sweet while sat at a set of traffic lights on red.

Not quite so unbelievable, there was a case not so long ago were a woman was fined for unwrapping a sweet while sat at a set of traffic lights on red.

This is making my blood boil.

I heard in the pub last night that prisoners are getting

Hi Lurch,

what find really odd is nobody complains about smoking or lighting a fag on the move.

i used to smoke, apart from the smoke actually affecting mu vision when it got in my eyes i have droped an occasional lighted fag, one between my legs while wearing shorts while doing 70 mph on a motorway.

also had a lit fag end flicked from a passing car which came through my window and went down the back of my shirt, and while i was moving. as i moved forward to stop being burnt, it went further down my back ad ended up inside my pants. had to vacate and strip off my strides in the middle of a slow moving traffic jam, right in front of a van load of WPC's following behind.

and they say mobile phones are dangerous

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived