Security Installer Community

Porch Surveillance

Map Security

I have a residential property that requires driveway and porch CCTV coverage!

At night the driveway is very dark so I'm left with little alternative but to use IR - Will use 1/3" 480line IR cams which will be mounted under the eves of 2 storey house.

Also i need to have porch covered so a 3.6mm dome style will be fine as theres a PIR/light closeby - my problem is that the customer does not want any cable showing........The walls are cavity and the DVR is in the loft....what solution would you offer???

The house is a new style redrow ,no more than 5yrs old....

Its possible to pass the cable down the cavity, but I've found that in many new build properties the insulation is tightly packed in so impossible to get through.

Best thing I've ever purchased though for this sort of job is a set of rods from www.super-rod.co.uk I've got the mega set. If you attach the cable to the "chain", then pass this through a hole into the cavity, Its possible to pass the rods down through the cavity via the loft and use the magnet attachment to attract the chain, works a treat!

Its possible to pass the cable down the cavity, but I've found that in many new build properties the insulation is tightly packed in so impossible to get through.

Best thing I've ever purchased though for this sort of job is a set of rods from www.super-rod.co.uk I've got the mega set. If you attach the cable to the "chain", then pass this through a hole into the cavity, Its possible to pass the rods down through the cavity via the loft and use the magnet attachment to attract the chain, works a treat!

Thats a real snazzy piece of kit.......

So if I drilled a 10mm hole above porch, would I then be able to feed cable up thro to loft....Are they really that flexible?? (I mean going thro wall and then have to bend thro a very sharp 90degs)...

Likewise if I went via loft and down, is the magnet strong enough to attract and then pull rod thro 90degs and out of 10mm hole.....

Sounds really A1 :rolleyes:

Just been told you can buy offa Ebay....

Drill the hole up from the camera at a steep angle so the rods only need to bend slightly.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

you can't run cables in the external wall cavity.......

Archived