Security Installer Community

Beebing Box?

Guest fishface220

Guest fishface220

Hiya, can anyone help!

I have an Optima Compact house alarm which is working fine but over the last couple of days the outside alarm box has been beeping (chirping?) for no reason? The alarm sets ok and seems to be working fine its just that from the outside of the house the bell box is playing up. We had a heavy downpour not long ago but its only started beeping in the last couple of days.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Many thanks. Lee

Probably damage to the bellbox circuitry caused by corrosion/component failure - call in an engineer to replace it and service the system.

More likely to be that you or one of your neighbours has thrown away an old smoke detector, is it a single chirp approx every minute?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest fishface220

Its very random. sometimes its beeps every 5-10 seconds other times it might not doing anything for ages.

Could it be that the back-up battery on its way out?

No, it should be fine for another few years ...... :wacko: Wait until you see smoke coming from the panel.... :P One puff means call an engineer .... 2 puffs means the cowboys are on their way... :roflmao: ... Oh dear... I think I had too many lagers tonight.

so much material for a comeback but i think ill settle on '2 puffs'

id be much more worried about the 2 poof's in my house to even start worrying about the cowboys!!

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

id be much more worried about the 2 poof's in my house to even start worrying about the cowboys!!

:hmm: did they use the front way or enter via ....... :whistle:

is this the beeping sounder???

post-2997-1165142389.jpg

Archived