Security Installer Community

Optima G3

Guest Doug

What shape is the smoke detector? and where is it in comparison to the noise?

The house is a bungalow, the smoke alarm is in a corridor leading to bedroom and bathroom, the alarm control and exit keppad is in a lobby area at the front of the house, a kitchen separates the lobby and corridor The smoke alarm is squarish

The house is a bungalow, the smoke alarm is in a corridor leading to bedroom and bathroom, the alarm control and exit keppad is in a lobby area at the front of the house, a kitchen separates the lobby and corridor The smoke alarm is squarish

Dodn't answer your question fully, the sound is coming from the lobby area where the main control box is and the exit keypad

He said he'll come round and have a look in a few days time,

That is just unacceptable!

Tell him he has 24 hours or you will get an engineer in and charge him for the work done.

Guest Peter James

Dodn't answer your question fully, the sound is coming from the lobby area where the main control box is and the exit keypad

Could be low volts on the smoke det, but my moneys on something else possibly in the loft more likely not.

Doug,

PLEASE, when this problem is resolved, let us know what the problem was, should it not be an alarm problem don't be embarrassed, if it is the alarm, we will be embarrassed,

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

phone tech support up? and if the installer hasnt come by tomorrow, start throwing things out of the pram with him, including him. him not coming out is on par with the AA not turning up to a breakdown, you paid for the service and he shouls be bending over backwards to help you

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

phone tech support up? and if the installer hasnt come by tomorrow, start throwing things out of the pram with him, including him. him not coming out is on par with the AA not turning up to a breakdown, you paid for the service and he shouls be bending over backwards to help you

Come on, its a PJ,

"I have the engineers code",

"He said he'll come round and have a look in a few days time"

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

But when he calls another engineer out and discovers the beeping is from something else and not the alarm, he may decide to send the bill to you Roger... :P ....... "You told me to get an engineer. You pay the bill"!

Of course you are assuming that when he says "the Accenta Keypads (the exit keypad) is sounding a couple of low beeps every 3 to 4 mins. " that he can't tell the difference between a smoke detector (which doesn't give "a couple of low beeps" - it beeps once) and his keypad that he is standing next to. If he has checked (as he says he has) and it isn't anything other than his alarm panel then he would be right to expect his installer to rectify it promptly or get someone else in at the installers expense.

I agree and when customers phone us up we listen to the thing first to avoid a chargable call if its not the alarm, but i can just imagine the call at the office

customer' Our alarm you recently fitted makes a beep every 4 mins and its driving us nuts'

us ' Are you sure its the alarm system and not a smoke detector, alarm clock etc'

cust ' no im sure i have put my ear right up against it when its done it to be sure.

us ' ok then shall we book in an engineer for a week next thursday? is that good for you?

cust' 'Yes thats fine we will wait till then'

Please oh please can i have some customers like this!! lol

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived